[Build log] The Ordinary Black and Red

Associate
Hi guys,

Here is my second build log with watercooling. My first build log was this
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18660015

Update:
25/01/2016: Change of plan, will be getting the R9 Nano instead of the Fury. Also, still waiting for the guys at Parvum systems to make a customised front panels.

The main colour scheme of this system will be black and red.
The specs is as follow:
1. Intel Core i7 6700K
2. Asus Maximus VIII Gene
3. Klevv Cras 4x4GB 3000Mhz Red DDR4
4. Sapphire R9 Fury
5. EVGA G2 550W
5. Samsung 840 evo

Watercooling specs:
1. D5 pump
2. EK Coolstream PE 240mm
3. Darkside Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM PWM Black
4. EK Supremacy Original CSQ CPU block
5. EK R9 Fury X Copper Acetal
6. Parvum system S2.5 Black Friday Edition

Let's see how a 240mm push only setup handles 2 heat outputs (total TDP = 366W).

I was inspired by Kurpiewski Concept from this picture below.
11218561_1576359872651399_7231493548538964455_o.jpg

Here is a picture of the boxes. :p
IMG_3095.jpg
[/URL]

and on air

The graphics card

soft tube is inspiring sometimes.

This ram looks nice

This is it so far

Credit to IceModz for this cable.

I will be back soon.

Thank you and have a great day,

Danny

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Nice, both builds look great matey! That Klevv RAM though, very sweet...

thanks man, they look very nice indeed! :)

Change of plan, will be getting the R9 Nano instead of the Fury. Also, still waiting for the guys at Parvum systems to make a customised front panels.

Last edited:
Soldato
The res/rad/fan/pump combo works really well! Does it mount correctly as i remember not all 240mm rads fit perfectly on the parvum s2 for some reason? And a lot of folks went for 2x120mm rads

Curious for mine as this may fix an issue of were the hell to mount a res and pump without drilling the base to secure it

Just a thought? Will a res work with only one pipe in/out. Or will it just act as pressure on the system and drip in if needed?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The res/rad/fan/pump combo works really well! Does it mount correctly as i remember not all 240mm rads fit perfectly on the parvum s2 for some reason? And a lot of folks went for 2x120mm rads

Curious for mine as this may fix an issue of were the hell to mount a res and pump without drilling the base to secure it

Just a thought? Will a res work with only one pipe in/out. Or will it just act as pressure on the system and drip in if needed?

You are perfectly right! The original S2/S2.5 mounting holes cant take this setup. I got to ask Parvum Systems for a customised front panel just to fix this problem. Here is the sketch.

As you can see it got to move to the left by 2.5cm and up by 1.5cm. Otherwise things won't be in place.

For your second point, I believe it will just act as pressure and continue to supply liquid to the pump when it needs.

Soldato
Aye i thought it was that, do your holes align correctly though for just the rad alone? For all 8 mounting screws or do you find them slightly out. To say if u wasn't mounting a pump combo on it and just 2 fans it would fit

Associate
OP
Aye i thought it was that, do your holes align correctly though for just the rad alone? For all 8 mounting screws or do you find them slightly out. To say if u wasn't mounting a pump combo on it and just 2 fans it would fit

It is a bit out, a margin of error I would say but if it takes 5-6 out of 8 screws then it won't be a problem I believe.
For this project I use 2x Alpenfohn Wing Boost 2, which is the same as parvum system F1.0 fan, on top. I also did try to fit the EK Vardar in the front and it fitted just fine there. As if you only mount fans, the holes are perfectly good.

Back
Top Bottom