Noob at hardline watecooling

Associate
I'm going to switch to Hardline watercooling over the weekend, my system is already fully watercooled but thought id try something new for the sake of it.

does anyone have any tips and tricks and what to watch out for ?

I ordered the following

Monsoon Hardline Acyrlic Tube (16mm)
Monsoon Free centre hardline fittings (16mm)
Monsoon Hardline Pro Mandrel kit
Monsoon hardline Measuring Kit
Have a heatgun on the way from another source

already have all the other angled fittings, rads and blocks in current setup

I'm a little bit nervous about doing it but looking forward at the same time

Associate
Order more tubing than you think you're going to need... you will make mistakes

Heat & bend the tubing slowly (e.g don't try to rush it)

Have you got an insert for the tubing, to stop the tube kinking when you bend it?

Associate
I'm in the same boat,just waiting for my stuff to come today.I have gone for petg though,don't like how acrylic is so brittle.

I was going to get same fittings as yours,but I have been reading you have to glue the locking collars to the acrylic/petg,not sure if there's any truth to that.?

what are you using for angled fittings or are you just doing bends everywhere?

Associate
OP

Have you got an insert for the tubing, to stop the tube kinking when you bend it?

I'm pretty certain the mandrel kit I ordered has the rubber tubing with it, I bought a 4 pack of the Tubing .. stock is limited on this stuff!! wanted to go 13mm but couldn't get all the parts I needed

Thanks for the tips :p

Associate
OP
I'm in the same boat,just waiting for my stuff to come today.I have gone for petg though,don't like how acrylic is so brittle.

I was going to get same fittings as yours,but I have been reading you have to glue the locking collars to the acrylic/petg,not sure if there's any truth to that.?

what are you using for angled fittings or are you just doing bends everywhere?

I already have the g1/4 angle fittings from current loop, and I'm going to try an angle the tubes rather than joins

I'm hoping to keep bends to minimal

heres my current setup

might keep the bridge between the GPUS as is and keep it soft tubing .. was a pain getting that right!!

Associate
I already have the g1/4 angle fittings from current loop, and I'm going to try an angle the tubes rather than joins

I'm hoping to keep bends to minimal

heres my current setup

might keep the bridge between the GPUS as is and keep it soft tubing .. was a pain getting that right!!

That's a very nice rig indeed :D

It might be easier with the hardline for the bridge between gpu's,I notice you got the Revo D5 mounting clamp,I got that for my pump that's going to sit on its own in basement,what't it like for vibration dampening ?

Soldato
Everyone says buy loads more than you think that you need, I didn't really find this the case. I bought 3 packs of 4 and only used 1 and a bit. Just take your time with your measurements and you'll be good! :D

It's great fun to do. Took me an evening to do mine.

Here was mine.

VvWeQ0K.jpg

7SmO525.jpg

Soldato
measure 3 times and bend.

at each end, leave around 1mm more than what you measured, and file it off when u're fitting the tube to ensure everything fit snug.

get a small leveler to ensure everything is leveled.

Take ur time and dun work on it if u're sleepy (speaking from experience lol)

Associate
OP
measure 3 times and bend.

at each end, leave around 1mm more than what you measured, and file it off when u're fitting the tube to ensure everything fit snug.

get a small leveler to ensure everything is leveled.

Take ur time and dun work on it if u're sleepy (speaking from experience lol)

thanks for the heads up :) what advice on what to sand it of with .. I have a whole bunch of sanding heads on my dremel so was thinking of using that

Associate

This, every tube on my first attempt went wrong some due to mistakes and some me messing around.
If your using monsoon tape the fittings so the don't move around when glueing, specially the small runs when wiping the excess

Associate
OP
Half way through the build ... My god it's a nightmare working with this stuff !

was doing well without any wasted tubes then on the last one I snapped the tube while fitting it ... Lucky I pre empted and have a delivery of tube today :)

Associate
Half way through the build ... My god it's a nightmare working with this stuff !

was doing well without any wasted tubes then on the last one I snapped the tube while fitting it ... Lucky I pre empted and have a delivery of tube today :)

Just finished mine,just need to fill and leak test,Yeh I thought it was really frustrating at times with hardline

Back
Top Bottom