Formula Boinc 2016

Associate
Is your i7-4930K overclocked much ?, your getting some good low times on universe

Only got it at 4.4Ghz but because I use the machine quite a bit, I only run 50% of the available threads. Each thread uses about 11% of the available CPU power but 11% x 12 threads is a little more than 100% of the CPU, hence the low times.

Soldato
sticking at moo wrapper has paid off I see, long jump now between the next team though.

seems also universe@home is taking steady steps, pretty sure we are slowly catching upto meisterkuehler.de Team

Soldato
got a problem... on win 8.1 I need to move all the data aswell as boinc, its corrupt and keps crashing , i keep unistalling but when i reinstall it must be picking up a file some were as all the current projects are still listed, before i can do anything it freezes again.

Associate
All of BOINC's data files are stored in a hidden location C:\ProgramData\BOINC by default. Have a go at uninstalling the program and deleting this folder. There's an additional folder located in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\BOINC which can be deleted also.

Soldato
I ended up using boinc removal tool which worked.

I keep getting work for mind modelling which is great as we are only a tiny bit behind TSBT , ive had it added for ages but only recently gave out work to me

EDIT - wtf ... ive been doing work for mindmodeling and it shows im a member of ocuk on boinc but when I logged into my account it said I wasn't part of any team!

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
I ended up using boinc removal tool which worked.

I keep getting work for mind modelling which is great as we are only a tiny bit behind TSBT , ive had it added for ages but only recently gave out work to me

EDIT - wtf ... ive been doing work for mindmodeling and it shows im a member of ocuk on boinc but when I logged into my account it said I wasn't part of any team!
At least you got it sorted and did enough for OcUK to take the place :)

Soldato
oh ye hadn't even noticed lol . I think while most peoples efforts are aimed towards enigma / sat its the perfect chance for TSBT to trade a few places with us on other projects.

Soldato
seems tsbt have been sneaking in to take back ddm project while everybody is on enigma! going to load up on some work to fire of later on when the enigma challenge is over

Soldato
infact they've snatched mind modelling aswell !

nfs is amd gpu and cpu only? im running ddm but doubt it makes much difference me on my own lol will also try and get some mind modelling work going

Last edited:
Soldato
wow they are smashing DDM !! they have stormed up right behind us and will have overtaken us on the next update! if NFS is cpu only ill blast some on the amd system

Soldato
OP
Is that a case of aborting all the others? I can't see it in preferences but the credit difference does seem massive. Can I just select the "uses up to 1gb memory" applications?

Exactly that, no need to abort anything if you don't want to, http://escatter11.fullerton.edu/nfs/prefs.php?subset=project edit preferences and select only the lasievef & lasieve5f, it was my understanding that lasievef was for windows and lasieve5f was linux but i believe both platforms run each of them just fine, maybe Carlos could explain.

If you have just enough memory make sure you change the default boinc client memory usage from 50% in the options/comp preferences/memory setting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom