Deadpool (2016)

Soldato
They made the perfect (well almost) Deadpool movie, far better than I thought it would be.. a 12/10 score.

Extremely funny with excessive violence and plenty of tasteless sexual references, and not to mention the spoiler end credits :D

Caporegime
If you enjoyed kick-ass then you most certianly will.

Can't remember going to the cinema and hearing so many laughs, even from the opening credits.

Associate
Very funny 8.5/10

Spoiler question !

That whole last fight sequence took place on a SHIELD helicarrier thing from the Avengers type story right or was i just imagining things? I know there's lots of copyright issue stuff, hence the puns in film etc etc.

Yep it was on one of those, or so IMDB says!

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Watch this tonight and it was excellent. Precisely the material straight from the comics.

Pity Rob 'douch' Liefeld tried to take all the credit particularly when it was the writers that brought this to life. What his remarks for their contribution? He called them D listers :rolleyes: No wondered he is one of the most detested person in the comic industry.

Last edited:
Soldato
If I liked Kick-Ass, will I enjoy this? Is knowing anything about the character required/helpful?

I love Kick-Ass...one of my favourite superhero films and like this with Deadpool I had no idea really about the character other than he breaks the 4th wall, is super funny and super violent...believe you WILL enjoy this especially if you liked Kick-Ass.

Soldato
Just got back from this, it was far better than I had even hoped. The violence, the gags, the story, everything just worked.

So many good jokes but my favourite was probably;

big house you have here, strange I only ever see two of you. You would think the studio doesn't have the budget to stretch beyond two xmen

Amazing film!!!

Associate
See this last night with the other half. Absolutely loved it.

Had to laugh though with the opening credits and her saying to me "What they all laughing at? It's not that funny.." /facepalm

Suffice to say she 'got it' when it got to the last few credits :o

His little hand..:D

Oh and it's the second time I've heard people applaud in a cinema!

Commissario
It's often not the content but the tone and way it comes across.

Aye, the BBFC take context into account for the content.

So two scenes with basically the same content could be rated quite differently depending on the context of those scenes.

The BBFC have become much more open and communicative about how they work over the years, and in the last couple of years have been doing podcasts talking about how they came to decisions, both in general and concentrating on specific genres or individual films.
I've only listened to a few of them but they're actually interesting as they discuss things like the circumstances and history of the decision (say it's a cast covering a film that was made and certified 30 years ago, and recertified*), what they legally have to take into account and reactions to the decisions.

You can also read a brief reasoning behind decisions made in the last few years on their webstie when you search for the film from memory.

*I think they did an episode on Mad Max, which over the years went from an 18 with cuts, to a 15 uncut.

Back
Top Bottom