Looking for help choosing a new sub-£200 phone.

Associate
Hey all,
As the topic says I'm looking for a new phone that's hopefully in the £100-£200 region (With cheaper being better in this case).

What I'm looking for is a phone that can support duel sim cards, has a decent low-light camera, and can actually run things like Shazaam and FF:Record Keeper without freezing, all of which my current phone can't do.

Now from looking online the Elephone P9000 seem like it would be perfect for what I need as it has the duel sim support and the camera is supposed to be pretty good (The Sony IMX214/IMX258 series seems to be decent as far as I can tell), plus it's (barely) within my budget. However I've seen a lot of hate for Elephones in general. Can anyone with first-hand experience with Elephones chime in about them?

Edit: Also, just looking at specs, something like the Huawei Honor 5X might also be a good choice. Plus it ships from Amazon in the UK, so that's a bonus.

So as I'm pretty much a smartphone noob (I brought my first one in 2013 :rolleyes:), can anyone give me advice on a good smartphone to buy?

- Munty

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd personally avoid elephone like the clap. while the hardware is very tempting, the software side leaves a lot to be desired. this is going by what i've read from other people experiences, and reviews on the internet of their general hardware/software

i was considering the huawei 5x as a backup phone (i got the smart ultra 6 instead) the 5x has a large battery, fingerprint scanner, mediocre chipset, standard amount of ram, 2 sim slots and an SD card slot. seems to be right up your alley. the only thing i've read that is a bit disappointing is that sometimes there is a bit of micro stutter while navigating menus. and apps can take a bit longer to load.

pretty much any chinese phone is going to be dual sim.

soo...

Xiaomi,
Meizu,
LeTV / LeEco
ZTE etc.

check out honorbuy.com, they usually have some good deals.

Back
Top Bottom