No Man's Sky

Soldato
No Man's Sky is an upcoming science fiction video game developed and published by Hello Games. It will feature a procedurally generated open world.

Announced at VGX 2013 alongside a trailer, the game is seen to feature planetary exploration, deep oceans, space-based battles, and potential predators on the various procedurally-generated worlds. Each world has its own ecosystem with potentially unforgiving conditions, such as desert worlds with large carnivorous worms.

Players are initially given a totally uncharted universe to explore, where information about any planet's characteristics and lifeforms may be shared and updated with others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Man's_Sky

Looks awesome to be able to fly seamlessly from space to a planet!

Another trailer:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Seems like they've done some sort of deal with Sony to make it available on PS4. I can't help wondering if it'll be released to showcase the Sony VR headset - Morpheus.

Soldato
It's hard to believe that such a small team can make a game like this, I feel like buying it just to support them.

Same. I've done that for quite a few kickstarters. If we want creative and interesting games these days we need to speak with our wallets and support the people trying to make them :)

No Man's Sky looks lush btw. In my mind's eye it's Elite meets Outcast meets Metroid Prime!

Soldato
Blown away. That looks utterly stunning. I hope it's the game I've been awaiting for since dad bought Elite for the BBC B.

Caporegime
Dude is on GameSpot now. He was asked what the game itself was - are there quests to complete, etc. No there is not. It's a sandbox game where you just explore and spend time. You can scan for resources, animals, fight the animals, fly about in your ship but there are no set objectives.

Caporegime
It's not really a game, it's just an engine with a tech demo. You can go to planets and look at things but there is no story or gameplay mechanics. Wonder why they aren't taking it further :confused:

Associate
They've been quiet since the announcement, until now. Engine looks great, but their goals may be a bit hard to achieve. I'd love to see it succeed, but it's reminding me a bit of the promises Spore made.

Back
Top Bottom