New build just about finished

Associate
Hi guys

New build just about complete CPU running at 21c at idle and the GPU at 24c when idle,,,, Could do with some hard drive advice

Used my old case Antec P280
Intel Core i7 6700k
Asus ROG Maximus Hero VIII
EVGA 1080 FTW
2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHZ
Corsair Hydro H100i V2
EVGA 1000 G2 PSU
4 x 120mm Cooling Fans
Asus PB287Q 28" 4K Monitor

IMG_4958.jpg

IMG_4959.jpg

I do need to sort out another storage option, currently using 1 x 256g Samsung pro & 1 x 256G Samsung Evo though could do a bigger storage drive

Associate
Dat cable management though...

The back is well done but the front needs some work. Excellent parts. Very nice machine. Please do cable management internally that is befitting for such good parts.

That looks like a gaming build, in which case a SATA SSD will be fine. Most people get a moderate size SSD and add a large hard drive. For example, 250GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate ST2000.

People who have more money just splurge on one or two 1TB SSD's. That is expensive though.

Man of Honour
I have done away with mechanical drives altogether apart from a external hdd that rarely get's plugged in. I have a SK Hynix SL301 250GB SSD as my C: drive with Windows and other programs on it and a Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD for the rest of my stuff including Steam. They are not quite as fast as the likes of a Samsung Evo but they are no slouches either. The best thing is that the SK Hynix 250GB only cost me £42 while the Sandisk Ultra II 960GB only cost me £152. Both were brand new with full warranty and those were the prices incuding delivery. I just happened to be searching for new drives at a time when some good deals were on. :D:D:D

Associate
OP
I have done away with mechanical drives altogether apart from a external hdd that rarely get's plugged in. I have a SK Hynix SL301 250GB SSD as my C: drive with Windows and other programs on it and a Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD for the rest of my stuff including Steam. They are not quite as fast as the likes of a Samsung Evo but they are no slouches either. The best thing is that the SK Hynix 250GB only cost me £42 while the Sandisk Ultra II 960GB only cost me £152. Both were brand new with full warranty and those were the prices incuding delivery. I just happened to be searching for new drives at a time when some good deals were on. :D:D:D

Thanks for that will have a look Sandisk Ultra

Back
Top Bottom