Any new mITX cases on the horizon?

Associate
Hi,

I'm starting to get bored of my Parvum mITX case and fancy a change.

Nothing on the market really inspires me and as I've been out of the loop for 6 months or so on what's good and new, can anyone advise me if there is something exciting on the horizon in the world of cases?

Tempted for the NZXT Manta, but before I press order it'd be good to see if I should exercise some patience.

Associate
OP
Caselabs BH2. :)

Oh yes, I saw this the other day, I love it! However, sadly, I have an ATX PSU and not an SFX one, which I'd rather not replace. If it was ATX I'd have pressed order already.

Antec case looks nice, shame about the Razer part, great looking case but I'm not a fan of Razer products. Take that off and that'd be certainly in the race.

I've pressed order on the Manta, going to check the size of it and see if I like it, if not I'll return it. I've also found a Strix 980 waterblock on another store, the last one I could find anywhere to buy. This project could get a lot of fun!

Associate
Trouble is a lot of nicer mitx cases aren't an awful lot smaller than bigger matx / atx counterparts. I am looking forward to the Dan A4 case however and seeing the reviews, that could convince me to move to itx for my next build

Soldato
Oh yes, I saw this the other day, I love it! However, sadly, I have an ATX PSU and not an SFX one, which I'd rather not replace. If it was ATX I'd have pressed order already.

Antec case looks nice, shame about the Razer part, great looking case but I'm not a fan of Razer products. Take that off and that'd be certainly in the race.

I've pressed order on the Manta, going to check the size of it and see if I like it, if not I'll return it. I've also found a Strix 980 waterblock on another store, the last one I could find anywhere to buy. This project could get a lot of fun!

There is a none Razer version coming too :)

Soldato
I've just come across the Lian Li PC-Q37... rather interesting and something a bit different. All that glass will add real wow factor. No idea when it will be available, but going by Lian Li pricing of late, expect it to be the most expensive mITX case out there!

Last edited:
Soldato
Trouble is a lot of nicer mitx cases aren't an awful lot smaller than bigger matx / atx counterparts. I am looking forward to the Dan A4 case however and seeing the reviews, that could convince me to move to itx for my next build

This really bothers me about the "Small Form Factor" market. When did it become fashionable to take an ITX motherboard and put it in a 25L case? It looks ridiculous. We've had 25L cases that can take micro ATX for over a decade now.

The Dan is one of the few cases to properly "get it".

Case in point is that Antec Cube ITX thing in another thread. Nice case but when it's all installed there's just litres of wasted space and it looks silly.

Soldato
This really bothers me about the "Small Form Factor" market. When did it become fashionable to take an ITX motherboard and put it in a 25L case? It looks ridiculous...

I've always said the same. Single GPU graphics cards have been able to run on high-quality 450W PSUs for a while now, so there's no need to have a full ATX PSU, and yet so many "SFF" cases put in support for almost 200mm ATX PSUs and therefore have acres of wasted space.

Am I biased because I fit a GTX Titan, Corsair H60 and dual SSDs in a Silverstone SG05? Maybe, but that case was almost perfect - just needed to be an extra inch long.

I utterly despise the Bitfenix Prodigy for exactly this reason - unless you're using ALL the drive bays, or cramming in more watercooling than it was supposed to fit, you end up with a mostly empty case.

And the glorious In Win 901 suffers from the same issue - it's so lax with its layout you end up with a lot of wasted space. Fortunately though it means there's plenty of leeway to remodel the interior to fit 420mm worth of rad space, as eventually you'll see in Asteria II (utterly shameless plug :p ).

Back
Top Bottom