UEFA Champions League/Europa League ** Spoilers ** [27/28/29 September 2016]

Soldato
English media are bias towards their own players. They want to protect the image of the players.

Just look at Gary Neville tearing into Mignolet last season I think it was and how he crucified him on MNF.

There is not a chance in hell Joe Hart or any other English player would receive the same treatment.

Rooney will never be analysed like that and made to look like a pub player by the commentators.

Soldato
English media are bias towards their own players. They want to protect the image of the players.

Just look at Gary Neville tearing into Mignolet last season I think it was and how he crucified him on MNF.

There is not a chance in hell Joe Hart or any other English player would receive the same treatment.

Rooney will never be analysed like that and made to look like a pub player by the commentators.

Gary Neville has made some honest comments about Rooney..

A shame the other punds don't

Last edited:
Caporegime
Rooney gets an assist…from ‘experts’

“Rooney just used all his experience…he didn’t go into the bodies, he just pulled out, great little move, the ball’s fired in…and he’s got an assist.”

And that – ladies and gentlemen – is how Robbie Savage described Wayne Rooney’s scuffed shot that was headed over the line by Zlatan Ibrahimovic for Manchester United’s first shot on target in the 69th minute of a Europa League clash with Zorya Luhansk.

http://www.football365.com/news/rooney-gets-an-assist-from-experts

Caporegime
If it's the same interview on Sky Sports that I'm thinking of, it's this one:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...decision-to-make-about-manchester-united-role

Basically said Rooney has to understand he won't start every game...

Haven't got time to watch it now to check, but iirc wasn't he saying that in regards to his age, made excuses about how hard he plays how young he started. It may have been a different interview or another daft pundit but the recent excuse is not that he's dropped on ability, because he's obviously fantastic ( :rolleyes::rolleyes: ) but because he's older fans have to understand he can't play two games a week or he won't be at his best.

Simple fact is Rooney isn't good enough to start nor be a sub player. I said in the other thread, there is being less good than you use to be, but still better than other players at the club and still useful to the team providing a positive impact, then what Rooney is.... no where near good enough, nothing but a negative impact on the whole team and no where near good enough for the main squad.

Back
Top Bottom