Assassin shot in cartoonist's home

Man of Honour
This attack was done in the name of religion.

The abortion attack was not.

Otherwise though, EXCELLENT point...

Except it was. This attack was in response to the cartoon which was deemed wrong by an extremist muslim. The abortion attacks were in response to people carrying out abortions which were deemed wrong by an extremist christian. There aren't atheists out there bombing abortion clinics you know...

Permabanned
Stormfront is a white "nationalist" forum, which means they don't like race mixing, but the other races aren't necessarily "inferior". :rolleyes:

:p

Quite so. And I'm still a member, but my posting rights have been restricted, not for being too extreme as kylew implied, but quite the opposite, ie. for voicing opinions they (mistakenly) considered 'anti'.

Permabanned
Except it was. This attack was in response to the cartoon which was deemed wrong by an extremist muslim. The abortion attacks were in response to people carrying out abortions which were deemed wrong by an extremist christian. There aren't atheists out there bombing abortion clinics you know...
All atheists are pro choice are they?

Give up now mate. Trying to link religion and one's stance on abortion is foolish as there is no link.

Permabanned
Of course it was - where do think they get the idea of a soul from?

The idea of a soul is not the sole preserve of religion! :confused:

Also not every anti-abortionist thinks of it in those terms. Why the hell is this turning into an abortion debate? Completely off topic and irrelevant.

RDM

RDM

Soldato

Give up now mate. Trying to link religion and one's stance on abortion is foolish as there is no link.

The guy in that news report "got religion" and then decided to kill an abortion doctor. As far as I am aware all of the people convicted of killing or attacking abortion clinics have held pretty strong Christian views. There is certainly a link even if you would prefer to ignore it.

Man of Honour

No, There is a distinct link in the evidence, every attack in the last 20 years has been by a committed christian, some of them have been ex ministers. It's too much for a statistical anomaly.

And you've completely missed my point about atheists being pro choice, some atheists are very anti abortion on simple moral grounds but they aren't killing people. That's my point. While atheists might disagree, it's the extreme christians who are killing people about it.

All religions are at their fringes violent, backwards and nasty (want to look up some of the crimes committed by ultra orthodox jews??), making a glib comment about islam being backward and violent was without basis.

And it has direct parallels here because it's plenty possible for athiests to think the cartoons were stupid beyond belief. Yes, you have free speech but you also have a responsibility to use it sensibly, producing that cartoon which was obviously going to offend people on multiple levels and served no useful purpose, then publishing it, was really really stupid. It's only the ultra religious extremists who then take that and try to kill someone over it.

Permabanned
Ultimately, it's human nature to fight over things, ideas, beliefs, possessions, land.

People have have been fighting over land for a very very long time now (nothing to do with religion) yet you wouldn't try and say "land" is bad.

Humans will fight about anything if they get so in to it that normal rational thought is forgotten about.

Associate
Why did the assassin decide to have a knife and an axe?

This sounds like the worst assassin ever tbh.

I was expecting something a little more high tech at least... :D
Maybe he was special opp's Turban assassin! I think it would be to dangerous to hide a gun in his turban as it might go off premature!

This looks like an idea for a new game!!

Turban Assassins Creed III - Contract Cartoonist's Killer

Last edited:
Permabanned
How much longer are people going to use religion as an excuse to kill people, it's the 21st century ffs ?

MW

As long as people are people.

Plus, a lot of "far east" countries are very very behind the times (as are a lot of other countries of course).

People will use religion as an excuse for as long as they can.

Caporegime
It never ceases to amaze me that Muslims accuse Christians of idolatry for worshipping Jesus, because they don't accept or understand the Trinity, but they then idolise Mohammed themselves.

Permabanned
It never ceases to amaze me that Muslims accuse Christians of idolatry for worshipping Jesus, because they don't accept or understand the Trinity, but they then idolise Mohammed themselves.

Again, utter idiots.

Anyone who is a Muslim in practise as well as belief while applying thought to what they believe and don't just accept everything without thinking about it, very rarely know what they're talking about, or why they even do 95% of the things they do while being a "muslim".

From my experience, a lot of them love to flock to "leaders" and a lot love to be the "leader".

These "leaders" often self title themselves as "sheik".

My understanding is that anyone who calls themselves "sheik" is not to be trusted and avoided like the plague.

People who follow a religion for themselves don't broadcast what they believe, in my opinion, this is how people should be, know what you believe in, be proud of it.

Discuss it by all means, but I think this quote is quite right about a lot of religious folk: "Self-righteousness is the sickness of a religious person".

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else think he should be granted the right to own a shotgun/rifle/pistol/killer bees in his house now?
He can with the correct licencing?

Any religion you have there are extremists. Trouble is a lot of muslim countries are still living in the dark ages.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom