***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Soldato
£16 for 30ml? Jesus christ. Makes me laugh that people are willing to pay that price, it's not premium in any way. Easy to find recipes in a snazzy looking bottle.

Agreed, sometimes it's a nice treat, but no way would I ever pay those 'premium' prices as standard.

I make eliquid up in my kitchen, it's not regulated, but fortunately for personal use.

a lot of these 'premium' juice companies (I know one chap personally who runs quite a popular brand that's known amongst the larger FB vaping communities), do not use sterilised rooms at all, have no test certification, and get away with it for the most part due to funky labelling & bottling with some easily swayed facebook goers.

I have raved about rejuiced a couple of times in this thread, but I'm under no illusion that they are not a 'premium' juice brand, and basing my opinion solely from the flavours themselves coupled with the pricing of the weekly deals.

On that basis, and for the fact I can very easily make up my own at a fraction of the cost anyway, I just can't justify it. In some respects the TPD is actually a good thing where eliquid regulation is concerned.

The whole 'premium' thing grinds my gears.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's not always as black and white as you make out though.

I've tried some of the cheaper juices recommended here. Last one was Dragons Rise and it was utter ****. I am also not fond of Rejuiced although I haven't tried all of their range but what I did try I wasn't satisfied with.

Then you get Urban Cloudz brand of eliquids make some great juices, non artificial, non perfume and taste great whilst being reasonably priced. There are other "companies" also that are decent alchemists and make fantastic juice that fall under this category.

T-Max Snake Oil falls under premium ejuice and NOBODY has close to mastering the stuff he makes. Yes I've tried the clones and they are vile. So I will happily once a year buy a bottle of Snake Oil as it is an original flavour and non of that strawberry milkshake crap that everyone can make.

Additionally Stash eliquids Golden Road and Lushington are untouchable and is quite expensive since it is a USA based company.

You can't just knock a company for selling premium ejuice because not everyone is your run of the mill strawberry milkshake alchemist. What I cannot defend is expensive eliquid that tastes the same as the thousands of others out there and has not been laboratory tested.

I highly rate The Ace of Vapez too... they make some fantastic juices and so are well worth the price IMO.

Although I have a trade account... so only pay £6 for 30ml, £9.60 for 70ml or £15.96 for 100ml :eek:

I'm surprised that you didn't like the Dragon Rise stuff. I buy a lot of it and find the Vanilla Cupcake and Campfire Custard to be lovely. They need a month to steep though.

Vanilla cupcake and campfire custard are both quite nice.

Although I think Jaccs Custard and there was another custard flavour I thought was a bit better too but i can't remember name right now.

For anyone interested... dragons rise have 30% off until sunday with this code:

30%weekend

http://www.dragonsrisevapers.co.uk/

Soldato
Hmm woke up and the melo 3 was low on juice so topped it up as you do, noticed after 10 min rest that i was getting a lot of juice when i vape in my mouth, i did the thing where u take drip tip off put some cloth over and shake down and some came out, but still some that seems to come up when vaping. Any idea why that would be? Not enough watts? Im at 33w on the 0.3 coil so should be fine, was before. Only thing thats changed is i tipped out the rhubarb and custard and put the raspberry back in.

This is a bit of flooding, most likely because you didn't close the airflow before opening the top fill. Basically when the top cap is on, the juice doesn't pour out of the tank because it would form a vacuum unless air can get back in. When you remove the top, there's no vacuum so the only thing holding your juice in is the bit of cotton in the coil. By closing your airflow, you eliminate, or at least reduce, a pathway for the air inside the coil to go, so this air pocket helps to hold the juice back. You can also reduce this further by putting a finger over the chimney, but this is messy and possibly unnecessary.

That said, it could also just be a flaw of the coil, sometimes the cotton just isn't as packed in as it should be.

Next time (if) it happens you can either wrap some tissue round your airflow and blow it out, or just whack the power up a bit, open the airflow fully and take a massive hit. Feels weird, tastes amazing, sorts the problem.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok guys. I have recently got myself and my wife a Kboxmini each. Loving it so far, had mine for 3 weeks maybe little longer and the wife a week. Drastically cut smoking, I have not had one, should I say paid for any in over two weeks and the wife as she started vaping later has not purchased any in a week now. Saving a massive £105 on tobacco, add the papers and filters, you're looking at another £7-10 on top.

Very happy with our purchases. Granted it's cost us say £100 for the Mods and a few juices so, not actually saved anything, BUT come pay day when we usually spends £200+ on a months supply of tobacco we will be saving a good chunk in the following weeks. Anyway.....

DIY juice. I have read up on it and downloaded a calculator. It's a little confusing currently so I would like a little bit of advice if thats ok.

PG and VG? I read that this is the liquid to dilute the nicotine am I correct? Why with the different % in the two liquids, what are pros and cons?

So in order to make my own juice I will need (apart from bottles and syringes, gloves etc) I will need:

1 Bottle of PG/VG (500ml I have seen)
1 bottle of Nicotine in what ever size bottles it comes in
Some flavouring (can food flavouring be used too such as Vanilla extract for cakes?)

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Ok guys. I have recently got myself and my wife a Kboxmini each. Loving it so far, had mine for 3 weeks maybe little longer and the wife a week. Drastically cut smoking, I have not had one, should I say paid for any in over two weeks and the wife as she started vaping later has not purchased any in a week now. Saving a massive £105 on tobacco, add the papers and filters, you're looking at another £7-10 on top.

Very happy with our purchases. Granted it's cost us say £100 for the Mods and a few juices so, not actually saved anything, BUT come pay day when we usually spends £200+ on a months supply of tobacco we will be saving a good chunk in the following weeks. Anyway.....

DIY juice. I have read up on it and downloaded a calculator. It's a little confusing currently so I would like a little bit of advice if thats ok.

PG and VG? I read that this is the liquid to dilute the nicotine am I correct? Why with the different % in the two liquids, what are pros and cons?

So in order to make my own juice I will need (apart from bottles and syringes, gloves etc) I will need:

1 Bottle of PG/VG (500ml I have seen)
1 bottle of Nicotine in what ever size bottles it comes in
Some flavouring (can food flavouring be used too such as Vanilla extract for cakes?)

I posted a guide on the 2.0 thread - link. Everything in there will get you started with DIY mixing.

DON'T USE FOOD FLAVOURING! You need ones specifically made for vaping, as some food based ones can contain oils. You don't want any form of oil on your lungs as it could lead to Lipid Pneumonia!

PG/VG Ratio. Generally speaking:
PG carries the throat hit and flavourings better.
VG gives a bigger cloud and can smooth out the throat hit. VG tends to not carry flavour as well.

Depending on what setup you have, whether it's a clearomiser, RTA or RDA. Your PG/VG ratio will differ. Say you have a Subtank on top of your Kbox, you'll probably want to be looking at a 60VG/40PG ratio juice. An RDA (dripper) for example, you want something with a higher VG ratio, say 70VG/30PG and above.

Here's a guide from r/diy_ejuice that basically details the process for mixing by weight. I used this when I first started, it's a great guide.

Last edited:
Don
OP
Glad you're getting on with it Droolinggimp.

Before we go any further, DO NOT USE FOOD FLAVOURS IN ELIQUID. Just to be clear, many food flavours are oil based and that is not going to be good for your lungs. Buy flavours that are designed to be vaped by companies such as Favour Art, Cappella, etc.
As a first start I would buy a concentrate of a vlavour you like and then make that up and see how you get along. You can move up to making your own from individual flavours if you get along with it. I can highly recommend T-Juice or Chef's Flavours. They both have a good range of concentrates and are reasonably priced. Custards you need to steep for about a month before they taste right so bear that in mind when you mix. Fruit flavours are usually shake'n'vape.
I would buy a cheap jewelers scale from Ebay. It's much easier to mix by weight than volume.

Soldato
Currently have a 6Wrap/3mm (Chinese) Alien Clapton in the Serpent Mini at 37w and it vapes beautifully! Although on a negative note I have managed to strip a couple of grub screws, yet in my defence they are pretty garbage to start with however prone I seem to be when it comes to stripping them. (usually due to thick wire) wish the manufactures would list the grub screw specifications to make it easier for us to stock up on spares.

On the search for something new (as always) and I loved the Griffin 22 so was tempted by the Griffin 25 mini... Refilling often won't bother me but I'm thinking with the reduced chamber size and dual coils the flavour could/should be fantastic.

On the juice front I think I've found a Red Astaire killer.. Vampire Vape - Heisenberg at 20%! Really enjoying this.

Soldato
My vape mail for today. Some dragon milk stuff from rejuiced and my serpent mini black finally turned up. :) I didn't realize the serpent mini was so tiny. Looking at pics etc on the net it seemed as a normal 2ml tank size kinda thing like say the melo 3 mini. But damn, its so much smaller. I'm surprised if it does have 2ml capacity lol.

3ny405P.jpg

snVTYb5.jpg

And comparison to other tanks i have, magma, melo 3 mini and the new serp mini on the left.

lgaxtO8.jpg

I kinda did somit stupid and not test if the coil fired evenly grr i was just busy building and after sorting the wicking out i just dripped on it and then put the tank together then filled it then set it to 35w which the ohms came out at 0.55 and so its about 4.43v and left it for 10 mins then took a vape. Seems to work ok i dunno if its me the tank or the juice but i just dunno what im tasting with this dragon milk stuff i put in. Maybe it needs steeping so after i filled the tank i put the juice in my cupboard with the other rejuiced liquids blue slush, rhubarb and custard in hopes of a steep for a week will improve em. Raspberry i dont think needs steeping.

Am i vaping this at the right wattage do you know, i tried 15w first but barely anything happened just a tiny wisp of vape, then i went back to the vid i was watching and he set it to 38w and i choosen 35 as a nice number to do and vaped almost like the melo 3 mini. I think its a smoother hit than the melo3. I just cant identify the flav that much apart from warmish milky taste which isnt that nice if im honest lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
cheers i will try that.

Edit - nope, just get dry ish hits after one or two puffs. :(

Took it off the pico turned it upside down and took coil bit out which was handy to do and easy. So put the coil on without the tank fired it and at 40 it was like instant vapour so i took that as too much power so turned it down till it was a touch slower and it came to about 27.9. Gona see if thats better.

Last edited:
Soldato
when it comes to juices, the sum of it's parts isn't the cost of the juices...
it takes a while and expenses to work out the correct mixture of flavoring.

I don't mix at all, I might add vg/pg to a juice to water down the flavouring but 4-5 pounds per 10ml, with discount on bulk buys is about right for an ADV.

It all depends on how you vape, If I'm cloud chasing on a night out.. £2.50 juice will be fine as I'll be that drunk and it's all about not smoking.... but if I'm mtl on an ubertoot or in'ax I can get the most from premium juices.

VK's Summer slurp (which is one of my ADV) is £36.50 for 100ml and Mrs Lord's Summer Pudding is £42.50.. both made by small companies and both have the same flavor profile, but I can certainly taste the difference. Like wise with mothers' milk and strawberry fields.

Some juice makers, really don't care about consistency and ratios, heck some even don't care about nic levels, some don't even know the first thing about health and safety. If you met some of the juice makers, you will won't be buying anything from them. lol

I'm not saying that the most expensive juices are always the better juice.. nor am I saying that they are worth the money.. I have tasted enough bad "premium" juices in my time... but the vendors feel that they can charge the prices for a reason, and they must be selling as the prices remains the same.

Soldato
This evening's setup.

Griffin 25 Mini

This is my new flavour champion. Wow this really kicks some butt!

Flavour is insane! Quite impressed with this one. Very similar to the Mage, but I prefer it's wicking design on this one. Plus it comes with the top air flow cap which is a bonus, though I prefer the standard cap that's on it in the pic.

Soldato
This evening's setup.

Griffin 25 Mini

This is my new flavour champion. Wow this really kicks some butt!

Flavour is insane! Quite impressed with this one. Very similar to the Mage, but I prefer it's wicking design on this one. Plus it comes with the top air flow cap which is a bonus, though I prefer the standard cap that's on it in the pic.

Earlier today "On the search for something new (as always) and I loved the Griffin 22 so was tempted by the Griffin 25 mini... Refilling often won't bother me but I'm thinking with the reduced chamber size and dual coils the flavour could/should be fantastic."

See's your post...

And SOLD! Be ready on Monday Combat :D

Soldato
Earlier today "On the search for something new (as always) and I loved the Griffin 22 so was tempted by the Griffin 25 mini... Refilling often won't bother me but I'm thinking with the reduced chamber size and dual coils the flavour could/should be fantastic."

See's your post...

And SOLD! Be ready on Monday Combat :D

I know your gonna love it mate. ;)

Back
Top Bottom