Fireman Sam the Islamaphobe.

Soldato
So you wouldn't think it was a bit asshattish if I went an burned a union jack or an american flag and posted it? You wouldn't be offended by that?

I would think you was being a bit of an asshat but i wouldn't go out my way to complain about it to anyone anywhere.

But that would depend on what context you are burning those flags in a video\post, if your burning flags is combined with doing or threatening violence then i would complain\report.

Otherwise it is just meh, who give's a ****.

Caporegime
EXACTLY

Sadly with this awakening I don't really see the world improving much.

Since WW2, we are living in the only time in recorded history where there has never been a break in some form of war or conflict in the world.

What's your definition of that btw. Seems a bit of a stretch?

Caporegime
What utter nonsense.

Education is about using facts, reason, logic, experience and understanding, none of which is compatible with, nor used by, religious doctrine.

How many times does it have to be proven that the great flood never took place, yet it is taught as historical fact in Islam? You cannot educate those who reject evidence and truth because it contradicts things they believe in.

It is taught as historical fact in many branches of Christianity too.

I'm all for separating religion from the state and education but at the same time I'm not someone that will go round saying "you're wrong" when a devout Christian states evolution is incorrect and the arc was real.

Luckily in the UK state schooling means you cannot be withdrawn from scientific fact.

I actually lived with a Christian from one of the denominations that believed in the literal truth of the bible. As an earth scientist many of the views he held were completely at odds which what I was taught/believe. I didn't denigrate him for them every time I saw him though. He has his beliefs, I have mine.

Last edited:
Soldato
And what is the issue with Sharia Courts in the UK, as long as they follow UK law.

Then follow UK law and don't name it something else, The word "Sharia" does not belong in any sentence in UK law manual, no matter what context it is in.

We follow UK Law, there isn't another name for it to appease a religious group and neither should there be, it is another form of keeping everything insular.

Soldato
It is taught as historical fact in many branches of Christianity too.

I'm all for separating religion from the state and education but at the same time I'm not someone that will go round saying "you're wrong" when a devout Christian states evolution is incorrect and the arc was real.

Luckily in the UK state schooling means you cannot be withdrawn from scientific fact.

I actually lived with a Christian from one of the denominations that believed in the literal truth of the bible. As an earth scientist many of the views he held were completely at odds which what I was taught/believe. I didn't denigrate him for them every time I saw him though. He has his beliefs, I have mine.

There must have been days where you wanted to slap his face, shake his head and repeat "WTF is wrong with you, wake up! Snap out of it!"

Soldato
As this is not about religion I'll answer that one.

No it's certainly not what I treat my children. Comedy irrespective.

If my child said "XYZ called me an idiot" then I would say (as I have done in similar circumstances)

"Well firstly we know they are wrong you are not. The word itself is not nice so we don't use it. If they say it again then say you don't like it and that the reason you don't like it is because it makes you sad. If they continue to carry on after that then tell your teacher."

That way the person who does it can learn about the consequences of their behaviour on other people. Empathy is one of the greatest drivers towards stopping conflict. If you can imbue someone with the empathy to know how their actions are effecting other people towards inflicting harm then that's the first step in getting them to change negative behaviour.

I can just see that 6 year old taking all that in, 0_o

And this:

What weak people you both are in my opinion.

I was born very hard of hearing and the kids used to take the pee every chance they got. People still do it today.

Did I get "offended" NO I dealt with it and it soon stopped.
I'm in a electric wheelchair now and it happens more. It doesn't bother me at all? NO Because I grew up and dealt with it.

Well put deuse.

Caporegime
Then follow UK law and don't name it something else, The word "Sharia" does not belong in any sentence in UK law manual, no matter what context it is in.

We follow UK Law, there isn't another name for it to appease a religious group and neither should there be, it is another form of keeping everything insular.

I'll repost the rest of that paragraph you cut out:

no different to jewish courts and the multitude of other courts in the land, as has been discussed multiple times. Just because the Daily Mail extrapolates beyond reason doesn't mean it's the truth.

There must have been days where you wanted to slap his face, shake his head and repeat "WTF is wrong with you, wake up! Snap out of it!"

Of course. But I'd take the adult way out and just suck it up, feel sorry for him and carry on with my life.

On the occasional time we discussed things I'd be respectful of his beliefs and not call him an idiot, but point out why I believe something different.

That may make me "weak", but it seems the reasonable thing to do.

Soldato
Political corectness is a social tool that evolved to promote respect among the members of a society. It pressures people to avoid offending others, which is a form of respect and it fills a gap left by the decreasing influence of traditionalism.

We no longer show respect for blood lines (the royal family n lords are social relics), we show less respect for being part of the same extended family(clan) and we show less respect for those in higher classes. In other words, respect in our society is not granted automatically, it must be earned (that by the way is part of the explanation for our celebrity culture).

In conclusion, respect is crucial part of a society, our old rules for granting it are obsolete so we made new ones. Political correctness is one of them and no matter how much some of you whine about it, it's here to stay because we need it.

Why so many people seem to hate a concept that basically says 'try not to be an ahole' is beyond me but if I were to guess I would say it threatens their identity.

What a post hahahaha

The bold part, you think so?

And who is all this we you speak of?

Soldato
Political corectness is a social tool that evolved to promote respect among the members of a society. It pressures people to avoid offending others, which is a form of respect and it fills a gap left by the decreasing influence of traditionalism.

We no longer show respect for blood lines (the royal family n lords are social relics), we show less respect for being part of the same extended family(clan) and we show less respect for those in higher classes. In other words, respect in our society is not granted automatically, it must be earned (that by the way is part of the explanation for our celebrity culture).

In conclusion, respect is crucial part of a society, our old rules for granting it are obsolete so we made new ones. Political correctness is one of them and no matter how much some of you whine about it, it's here to stay because we need it.

Why so many people seem to hate a concept that basically says 'try not to be an ahole' is beyond me but if I were to guess I would say it threatens their identity.

You appear to have respect and common courtesy confused.

Soldato
Actually, it's a four year old and strangely enough if you can get on their level they can grasp such simple concepts. That you seem to think it's a hard concept is rather telling. ;)

That is just a cop out as to not go and have a quiet word with the kids parents.

"Well firstly we know they are wrong you are not. The word itself is not nice so we don't use it. If they say it again then say you don't like it and that the reason you don't like it is because it makes you sad. If they continue to carry on after that then tell your teacher."
This part of your post, I understand what your trying to say or do but that response to me is getting your child do your dirty work.

I am a parent, seen bullying, dealing with the parents first stopped it.

Soldato
That is just a cop out as to not go and have a quiet word with the kids parents.

This part of your post, I understand what your trying to say or do but that response to me is getting your child do your dirty work.

I am a parent, seen bullying, dealing with the parents first stopped it.

The child needs to make their way in life. They need the skills to do that. They need to be able to tell people how their behaviour impinges on them. If people don't respect that then society has rules.

Any decent school would ask any sensible parent to let the school deal with things. Firstly, so they are aware of the situation so they can address it for the child who is being bullied and secondly so they are aware of the the situation so they can place it into the context of the other child's behaviour for that child to learn.

Your method is daft tbh. Either that other kid's parents are good in which case they will sit the kid down and explain why their behaviour is wrong (which the school can do) or they kid's parents are the bitter and twisted nasty kind (like some of the posters on here seem to be with what they believe is appropriate when discipline is concerned) and they just beat the kids therefore propagating a cycle of violence. Ironical eh considering the thread really - it's funny how people tend to despise that which they see in themselves so often.

Back
Top Bottom