So this Pokemon Go fad thing ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Nintendo dropped 20% in its worth the other day because people doubt their profits, I dont doubt they can invent some trading or powerup thing for people to spend their money on
Bit like facebook, people feared they wouldnt advertise enough but turns out they found a way :p

chaos theory
http://www.atlasobscura.com/article...ory-that-might-be-secretly-driving-pokemon-go

It may have dropped 20% but it also increased by 50% before the drop.

What Nintendo said was that stakeholders would not receive the sort of money in their pockets as some initially thought.

They have still done very well, at this point.

I thought they dropped 20% the other day cause they announced the game wasnt theirs?????? (which it isnt) and not really about the profits from the game. after all they will only get 13% of the game profits not 100%.

Still they are up 30% on the back of a game which isnt theirs using their characters/world so I would say thats a brilliant success.

No whether the company who made the game and licensed the characters from Nintendo make any money is another thing.

However, its surprising how many people have bought micro transactions on this game even on this thread.

Nintendo own 33% of Pokemon

I'm on £90 now, lol

ALL the incubators!

lol that's crazy :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I felt guilty spending £3.99!!

Level 15 with a couple of 1000+ monsters so chuffed at the minute. Best ones are a magma and scyther but found a wild vaporeon the other night.... only to catch it at cp 30!!

My brother and I were in Bath last night and sat on 2 lured stops. A Rhydon appears and was 1080cp for him (level 20) and 41cp for me (level 22) go figure... :rolleyes::D

Caporegime
It may have dropped 20% but it also increased by 50% before the drop.

What Nintendo said was that stakeholders would not receive the sort of money in their pockets as some initially thought.

They have still done very well, at this point.

Nintendo own 33% of Pokemon

lol that's crazy :p

Well, my monthly gaming limit is £100 which covers all platforms including mobile. The last PC game I bought was Overwatch, so I had no problem with this, plus it was payday on the 26th :p

I do still have 3600 pokecoins to spend

V F

V F

Soldato
He has a job, married with kids, runs a gaming community on the side...what more of a life does he need?

https://youtu.be/2k1uOqRb0HU

SexyGreyFox [Deceased];29845642 said:

Yet they wonder why bullying in school is so bad. Has so many adults truly forgotten what it was like in school?

Last edited:
Associate
Got my Magikarp evolved today!
Screenshot_20160729_221610.png

Soldato
https://youtu.be/2k1uOqRb0HU

Yet they wonder why bullying in school is so bad. Has so many adults truly forgotten what it was like in school?

If everyone in your year is a Squirtle, it's a bit rich to give a severe Bulbasaur-ing to them about it. :p As long as they learn to communicate to each other in something more than their name-only-language, they will do just fine. :D And you can change your name by deed poll anyway.

Soldato
Looks like it's dying a death, now that a UK player has completed the game. Fewer articles about Pokémon now.

There is always Encyclopaedia Dramatica though with their article about it :) You'll need to google it as NSFW.

A game, or any kind of entertainment really, will struggle to dominate the press for long. I think as the novelty wears off, it'll settle at a steady level and people will enjoy it more casually, as they were meant to, with hooks into other Nintendo products, toys and the like. Niantic will likely look for further licences to expand its portfolio (I don't think Nintendo own them; do they?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom