Question for men going thin on top

Soldato
Shave head #1 or #2 as appropriate. Beanie hat in winter and either suncream or any hat that suits the shape of your head in summer (probably a baseball hat). It's what I do.

This! Clippers out once a week or so to keep it at #1 then I use a moisturiser with SPF30 every morning and just rub it over my head unless it's winter in which case I grab a beanie.

Soldato
Would just like to interject.

I'm nearly 35, I have a full head of lovely hair, no grey whatsoever. Both grandad and great grandad also kept their hair all their lives.

Thanks.

/smug

Soldato
You tell me which one the girls would go for? Which one people would take more seriously?
I can only speak for myself, I'm a bit old to be called a girl now but hair loss isn't a factor that bothers me (never did). There are guys that I think are attractive that are bald/have hair loss, there are guys that I think are attractive that have hair. The only thing that can put me off hair wise is bad hair, which includes comb overs/walnut whips/back combing and paint!

Embrace the bald, wear a cool hat. Hats are awesome (I am a little biased, I own loads of hats).

Caporegime
Not really fair to compare thinning hair and a full head of hair instead of a shaved head and a full head of hair. Thinning hair looks bad compared to a shaved head.

Its the middle stage thats the really bad one, like all the before footage in those videos...They would have looked much better had they shaved their heads.

One thing i wonder about those implants, how do they care for them? Like while its growing out, are they allowed to cut it or shave it? or do they have to put up with a limbo hair state until its long? :o

The newly transplanted hair normally falls out straight away as part of the process and you will start seeing results after 5 or 6 months. It's certainly not a quick thing.

Hair isn't a big thing. It used to be but so many famous people and celebs are bald that it's become accepted. Some women even love guys with shaved heads for example.

Also you do know that all these hair transplants aren't even permanent. They need to be re-done every so often.

Also that guy in the video you can tell he's had one done when you see his scalp it doesn't look natural. Also there is a reason why he has long hair at the top now because they have to space the hair out to make it look fuller. It doesn't look good short. They are trying to replace say around 40,000 hairs with 10,000. It never looks right too the hair looks terrible like they have taken from down below.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...do-than-the-thin-patchy-look-of-recent-weeks/

he's had one and look now, it's thinning again and he's resorted to sprays and all sorts. hair transplants aren't a permanent fix but they make you believe they are. it's the same as boob jobs, do you know that they aren't permanent either? they need to be re-done every 5 years too. it's best to leave things the way they are; natural.

Man up and shave your head is the only solution. Bruce willis hasn't went for one of these ridiculous ops.

No, hair is a big thing, especially for my age group (early to mid 20s). To say otherwise is categorically incorrect.

Hair transplants by their very nature are permanent - the hair they use is from the region of the head not normally affected by DHT (the back). It's the parts behind the transplanted hair you have to worry about as this will still be affected by DHT, so you will likely have to continue taking finasteride or other such medications.

The problem with finasteride however, is that it may come with some side effects, one of which is a severe lack of motivation. Now with Rooney being the sports star that he is, I highly doubt he'd want to risk taking a medication that could potentially ruin his career, hence the reason he's thinning. But if you look closely, he's only thinning in the areas that weren't a part of his transplant. His hairline still looks fine.

The replacing of "40,000 hairs with 10,000" is wrong.

And there we have it: the usual 'man up' comment and one example of a celeb that makes it work because he just so happens to be gifted with a head shape that suits that style. If only all humans were the same eh.

I can only speak for myself, I'm a bit old to be called a girl now but hair loss isn't a factor that bothers me (never did). There are guys that I think are attractive that are bald/have hair loss, there are guys that I think are attractive that have hair. The only thing that can put me off hair wise is bad hair, which includes comb overs/walnut whips/back combing and paint!

Embrace the bald, wear a cool hat. Hats are awesome (I am a little biased, I own loads of hats).

Yeah, age definitely has something to do with it. Girls ages 18-25 are absolutely relentless when it comes to looks. We live in the most vain society of all time and I've witnessed first hand what a lack of hair can do to a guy on the pull.

I'm far from losing my hair, but looking at my family it doesn't look like it will be long. It frightens me.

Soldato

I'm nearly 35, I have a full head of lovely hair, no grey whatsoever. Both grandad and great grandad also kept their hair all their lives.

Thanks.

/smug

I propose to reconvene in six years, sir, for more glorious smug. We haven't had a baldie in several generations in our family. I don't think the genes are about to produce one now. :p

Soldato

Thanks.

/smug

My father and both grandfathers had full heads of hair and so did I when I was 35.
Trouble is at 59 I am bald as a coot and have been for about 15 years :D

Soldato
I propose to reconvene in six years, sir, for more glorious smug. We haven't had a baldie in several generations in our family. I don't think the genes are about to produce one now. :p

Agreed squire! May we forever brush fingers through our luscious locks, caress the finest shampoos into our glorious barnets and titter at the poor chaps who are forced to slap sun screen on their chrome domes.

My father and both grandfathers had full heads of hair and so did I when I was 35.
Trouble is at 59 I am bald as a coot and have been for about 15 years :D

No! You are not taking this one thing I have!! :mad:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I had the thickest hair in the world ever. I was that smug one who would never lose my fair, that was what happened to other people, look at my mane. Then it started to fall out up top and now I've a bald patch. Thing is it looks normal from the front and only cctv and the odd mirror reflection on mirror show it up so it's fine :)

Permabanned
Mine has started receding over the past few years, it also doesn't help that it's almost completely white now and i'm only 38 so was already bothering me. Started shaving it a couple of weeks ago and decided i liked it, DE razor shaved not clipper, but that coincided with the few days hot weather so burned it quite badly and now currently growing it back.

I had the thickest hair in the world ever. I was that smug one who would never lose my fair, that was what happened to other people, look at my mane. Then it started to fall out up top and now I've a bald patch. Thing is it looks normal from the front and only cctv and the odd mirror reflection on mirror show it up so it's fine :)

In other words it's only noticeable to everyone except you :p

Soldato
~£3k from India, and not just a crap one either - from a top, recommended doc.

Edit: This guy...

You tell me which one the girls would go for? Which one people would take more seriously? Hair is a big thing and the people that say 'just shave it off' are normally the ones who have great hair anyway!

The girls will go for the one with most money

hope this helps.

Soldato
Surprised by how many folk not only take treatments but double up on different types of treatments considering a cursory glance on the web suggests this stuff is around ~300 stinkers per product per year. Some pretty dubious sites as well!

In my 40’s now and although hairline is mostly the same; I’m certainly thinning/greying. Not too sure I would want to commit to taking pills or slapping goop on my head for ever and a day. The potential for burnt bonce syndrome certainly does worry me though as I’m not a hat person / preturbed by anything touching my head.

VoG

VoG

Soldato

Snap!, then one day my brother said you've got a bald spot & that was it, shaved it off the very same day. :p

Back
Top Bottom