GTX 970 20% refund?

Associate
OP
The class action is a US thing. It wouldn't suddenly be enforceable in other jurisdictions.

It's enforceable by a lot of people on Amazon.co.uk as referred in the thread, countless people have already refunds but amazon is a bigger company, so there's that.

Soldato
It's enforceable by a lot of people on Amazon.co.uk as referred in the thread, countless people have already refunds but amazon is a bigger company, so there's that.

Doesn't matter. Amazon don't have to do that just because you point to a class action in the US.

However, you could always have gone to Amazon under the Consumer Rights Act (SoGA previously) for misselling, which the class action has no bearing on.

Caporegime
The lack of communication between marketing and engineering teams at NVIDIA caused a lot of controversy, as wrong specifications were advertised at NVIDIA’s own website and in GTX 970 reviewers guide.

I'm sure that's what happened, as opposed to engineering saying exactly what was going on and marketing learning from eBay sellers that list a quad-core 2.0GHz PC as 8.0GHz :p.

Associate
OP
US market only ruling, no effect here

It does have an effect here, lmfao.
Did you not even read the thread that I linked? It's also covered under the Consumer Rights Act.

Mis sold so give me my money lol.

That's right, I paid for an item, I didn't get the full effect of the item, if compensation is been given because of that, then yes obviously I'm going to inquire about it and claim that compensation if possible.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought my 970 from here,then heard about the 3.5GB shortly after,To be honest..even though we were misled by Nvidia,Not had one issue with my card at all..saying that ive not really played a game where its used more than 3.5GB of Vram so.

Il most likely be going AMD next anyway,their prices are just more attractive.

For example the price difference going from a 1070 to a 1080 is just silly.

Soldato
I bought mine from OcUK and iirc they were offering full refunds off their own backs at the time so can't complain. I decided to just keep it as I play at 1080p and it handles everything I have thrown at it and probably will for a while yet.

Soldato
I bought mine from here, had no idea about this issue.

Nothing I can do about it? Sigh.

Amazon suck and yet it still pays to buy from the site with the biggest user base it seems.

Lesson learnt.

Back
Top Bottom