Soldato
OP
Saved for nostalgia :)
gpEb.png

Soldato
OP
Nice, but early days yet.

Indeed, currently just 331 days, 15 hours, 5 minutes to go :D

Soooo is there any worth switching to to improve on?

Not sure at the moment, the season has just started, myself I'm doing a bit on SRBase which doesn't need much to get into the points, PDW is scoring well on primaboinc with a relatively small amount of effort, easy points can be obtained from less popular projects but currently we are doing well on some of the more popular ones. Maybe as a strategy latter on we can do a combined effort on a certain project.

I did look at the league one leaders Gridcoin for an idea as to what projects are easy pickings, but I'd say crunch whatever you like it all helps.

Why are we ranked 2nd or 3rd in some projects but not got any points?

If you click on those projects from the website it says:
Project has not reached 2,000,000 credits quota for this season. Thus, FB-points are not granted yet

PDW

PDW

Associate
I have fired up some vLHC to get some points there.
We are also about to get the points for second at 123numbers.org as that will go over 2m points.

Also anyone running the Einstein challenge, or even just Boinc, could help out by adding goofyxgridathome.net
It currently downloads and runs two work units that both take an hour to run but as they are NCI tasks they take very little cpu (most I saw was 1 second for the whole hour !). They each give 10 credits per task but importantly do not impact on whatever else you want to run on your cpu as they don't grab a core for exclusive use. We would soon shoot near to the top, if not top, if the team jumped on that one. :)
Oh, this is what it says it is about...

Monkeys application will check some aspects for infinite monkey theorem:

monkeys_v1 - draws word for examine if thats word existing in Polish or English dictiora for now (I wonder about using more dictionaries)
monkeys_v2 - draws word until it not exactly like in WU
monkeys_v3 - draws whole text and check if it not a fragment for example some Sheakspir works

v3 isn't running yet and as far as I'm aware no monkeys were harmed in the running of this project :D

Associate
Also anyone running the Einstein challenge, or even just Boinc, could help out by adding goofyxgridathome.net
It currently downloads and runs two work units that both take an hour to run but as they are NCI tasks they take very little cpu (most I saw was 1 second for the whole hour !). They each give 10 credits per task but importantly do not impact on whatever else you want to run on your cpu as they don't grab a core for exclusive use. We would soon shoot near to the top, if not top, if the team jumped on that one. :)
Oh, this is what it says it is about...

Monkeys application will check some aspects for infinite monkey theorem:

monkeys_v1 - draws word for examine if thats word existing in Polish or English dictiora for now (I wonder about using more dictionaries)
monkeys_v2 - draws word until it not exactly like in WU
monkeys_v3 - draws whole text and check if it not a fragment for example some Sheakspir works

v3 isn't running yet and as far as I'm aware no monkeys were harmed in the running of this project :D

Added

PDW

PDW

Associate
anything else no cpu intensive that can be added to boinc

The only other NCI work I know about is for Quake Catcher Network (QCN) but they stopped giving credit for work returned towards the end of last year. Not sure why it is in the list of projects but there are other dead projects still listed so guess they don't keep up-to-date with things.

Our monkeys have started climbing the credit tree :D
Anyone else willing to let their cheeky monkeys run ?

Just note that they don't checkpoint, so if you have the option consider waiting a few minutes for them to finish before closing Boinc down but don't lose sleep over it !

Associate
FB is pretty much a one man operation and is taken care of by the admin at WUProp. They were supposed to have a panel of people consisting of representation from each team, but as you can see in their forums, that just doesn't exist. If you want anything fixed, you have to contact and nag the admin.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Yah we in the points in Universe@home now :)
Good stuff, and there are some more easy points just waiting to be plucked from above :)

We'll be needing them as I expect we will be dropping 13 points in Einstein soon :(

Will go and get some more Atlas points in a few days, won't get 1st or 2nd but can take 3rd :)

Oh, and nice job on NumberFields :D

PDW

PDW

Associate
Hanluc, I see you have run some WEP work but you are getting mixed 32 (v1.09) and 64 bit (v1.13) work. The 32 bit work is a lot slower so to force it to do 64 bit work only (your primary platform) you need to add this within the <options> to your cc_config.xml...

<no_alt_platform>1</no_alt_platform>

One of my boxes never needed it, don't know why. You just need to remember you set it when you want 32 bit work for other projects though !

Back
Top Bottom