Memtest

Associate
Hi guys, so I have had a few random bluescreens lately so I thought I would run memtest with my 8x4 sticks of memory, I left it running for 3 hours and it returned 1 error.
Now I obviously thought I had faulty memory so I tested the left block on its own and then the right block on its own and neither came back with any errors so I am quite confused. Could it be that it was a false reading from the memtest to begin with showing just 1 error?
I also tested both sets in the left side (X99) with nothing found and I am going to test both sets in the right side later. The memory is Avexir and one other thing I have noticed which might be normal I am not sure, when memory is in the left hand side the lights are brighter than when memory is in the right hand side. I have a feeling that could be linked to memory usage? I have phoned Ocuk earlier and asked for a RMA once I noticed the original error, but if they test in the right and nothing shows I think I will cancel that, it just seems odd that 1 error was showing.

I just ran the windows memory test and it passed so I am not sure why memtest originally picked up an error, how odd.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom