Supply of 10000rpm 300gb SAS HP drives

Soldato
Supply of 10000rpm 300gb SAS HP drives
an SAS HP drive has died on us, the array rebuilt itself, but needs the disk replaced, how long is standard warranty, I believe enterprise is 3 yrs, but is the HP SAS300gb 10k drives classed as enterprise?
What is a rough RRPp for such a drive? As quotes we are getting are incredibly varied.

Soldato
10k are Enterprise - which as above means the warranty of the box they are in is the one to look at. "Lesser drives" have a 1 year warranty.

We just replaced one in a G5 which was well out of warranty so had to cough up.

Soldato
OP
Thing is, if the box, has 2 expire just over two years ago, and fresh drives placed, should those replacements not be subject to some warranty of their own?

I am not convinced our hardware suppliers are playing at silly buggers, charging us, then claiming one back later, but it remains to be seen if the one that has died this time is one of the originals, or one of the replacements.
I've been advised not to remove it until the new one arrives.

Anyone know a rough RRP for such a drive? I can't seem to find any HP info directly.

Associate
we have found a single drive is 1year warranty.

Anything in a server or SAN is covered by the warranty of the box they are in .

usually about £120 for 10K from memory

Soldato
Our external support also supplies parts - but we just find the cheapest (reputable) price and show it to them and they beat it.

NEVER accept the first price - you're just lining their pockets.

Caporegime
If you're running Windows on the box and not through a hypervisor then the Smart Array software will tell you the drive serials.

Back
Top Bottom