Microsoft 70-410 training videos

Man of Honour
Booked in to sit the exam next week, I'm getting a good 60% on the mock tests so I'm fairly confident with some studying this week I will pass. If not then I will know what to expect.

The issue I have is that all I am using is CBT nuggets and I find the pace very slow going and sometimes going off on tangents etc. Can someone recommend me an alternate (I don't mind paying).

It's the same with the CCNA videos, INE ones are much better than CBT however they only cover networking sadly.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Passed it today, was a bit cheekier than I expected and some of the NTFS/Share questions were a PITA, mainly due to the amount of information in the question and the small screen resolution.

Associate
Did you just look at the CBT Material? What practice tests were you using?

I've only used MeasureUp for previous exams and was always class-based + book rather than an online video based learning.

I went through the videos on CBT, slow as hell (even playing at 1.5x speed). I got the 3 month free PluralSight and looked over a few videos, so much better.

Plan on sitting exam in next 2-3 weeks whenever I get time to really (only look at the material when I'm a work :p), but want to do a few practice exams first.

I've seen Microsoft advertising the MindHub deal: http://www.mindhub.com/Microsoft-Booster-Pack-exam-4-retakes-practice-p/mpn-promo_bdl3_p.htm

So might go with that, £152 for exam, 4 retakes and practice tests vs what, £119 for 1 exam and £60 for 1 month access to MeasureUp/Transcender.

I'll probably use PluralSight for the 70-411 exam. Hopefully after that get a chance to look at Cisco or Datacore certs.

Man of Honour
OP
In the end I just decided to go and sit it with minimal revision and some practice tests. I found CBT learning far too slow. I started looking at 70-411 but soon realised there's a lot I don't know so I'll set up a home lab and look at alternate training material. I'll take a look at PluralSight, thanks.

I generally don't like classroom based stuff as the pace is usually too slow and since I'm a contractor I don't get paid when I'm not in work.

Also decided to sit ICND 1 for a laugh and passed first time. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Fair enough, I got paid to sit around a class for a week so no complaints from me.

Yeah I find the CBT stuff really slow, PluralSight seems a lot more structured too so straight to the point

With CBT you have the first 2 minutes about his recent dinner with his wifes parents or his trip to some place, then a 50 minutes video with no structure, where as on PluralSight you have 3-15 minute videos on each exam objective.

With 70-410 I know most of it already, just some stuff I hadn't looked into before (DSC for example), so will probably sit exam next week or week after then probably just watch the PluralSight videos for 70-411 then sit the exam too.

How much are ICNDs? I've only really looked at pricing of Microsoft. Not that I'd be paying anyway :p

Man of Honour
OP
I think there's one question I saw on DSC, was quite simple as it asks what you have to do first which is start it. ICND is £100+VAT at Pearson Vue, same as MS I think.

Back
Top Bottom