Random Crashes, Kernel-Power 41

Associate
Hi all,

Been running into a few issues with my system over the past couple days... Games have been crashing and causing reboots, and random machine hangs / restarts as well.

I recently added in 16gb RAM I bought from a friend and that's the only change, it's the same RAM as what mines was before (but I only had 8gb) - this is passing memtests fine, and flagging no errors.

It started with Rocket League, and then the latest Tomb Raider... GPUs (spec below) never exceed 65c under full load, VRMs never exceed 85c, Valley benchmarks complete fine with no crashes etc.

The error I've been able to find in EventViewer is

Event 41, Kernel-Power
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress 0
PowerButtonTimestamp 0
BootAppStatus 0

I figured it may be driver related, so I used DDU to remove all drivers and re-installed the latest "Stable" AMD driver, but a restart occurred again today when I was away from my PC.

I've not tried switching the RAM out again, at first I was mixing his sticks with mine, but I am using all of his 16GB now, and it still seems to be restarting.. it's possible this was an issue before that has gotten worse, but I'm not 100% sure.

System specs:

• Windows 10 (Latest Build - 10586)
  • Intel i7 - 4770k (no overclock)
  • Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
  • Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800 SDRAM CML16GX3M4A1600C9 - 16GBs running at 1600mhz (XMP profile 1)
  • R9 290x (no overclock) + R9 290 (very small overclock), both liquid cooled with individual Kraken X41s + G10s.
  • Crucial M4 128gb SSD, 500gb 7200rpm Seagate drive, 1tb 7200rpm Western Digital drive.
  • 2 140mm fans, 2 120mm fans.
  • EVGA Supernova 1000w Platinum Power Supply.

Would really appreciate some help on narrowing this down, as it's starting to become a real pain.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom