60Hz on a 144Hz monitor

Soldato
I've got a crap card at the moment and it doesn't have a display port so no 144Hz. I've just tried to have a game of battlefield, and I had to turn it off within 5 minutes because it was making me feel sick and making my eyes go funny. If I play on my brothers 60hz 1440p monitor it feels fine yet 60hz on my monitor feels absolutely awful.

Is it just me being special or does anyone else experience it too?

Caporegime
Sam, I came on here to ask a question kind of related to this which you may know.

Is it pointless having a card knock out games at 100+fps if you have a normal 60Hz monitor? Will I be seeing 100fps or will I be seeing 60fps, no matter what my card throws out.

Cheers for your help mate.

Soldato
OP
Sam, I came on here to ask a question kind of related to this which you may know.

Is it pointless having a card knock out games at 100+fps if you have a normal 60Hz monitor? Will I be seeing 100fps or will I be seeing 60fps, no matter what my card throws out.

Cheers for your help mate.

It'll be totally pointless your card pushing out more than 60fps on a 60hz monitor. Just uses more power and creates more heat and noise :)

You'll seeing at 60hz and 60fps no matter what.

Go 144hz, you'll never go back ;)

Soldato
Actually it's not pointless. At higher FPS the image is much more up to date with what is happening in the game world. It only really matters in comp gaming but it has it's use.

Is it possible that the 144hz monitor is still running at 144hz even though the card is only feeding it 60fps.

Soldato
OP
Fair enough, but you've got a bench on the Firestrike thread for a 980Ti, then your fury has a lower rating. Doesn't it annoy you, spending money for weaker performance?

No, because the Ti cost me £150 more than the Fury! And the Fury was silent, cool, much prettier than my Ti.

I'm not fussed about the scores tbh, I just run them for fun. It's not really noticeable in game as far as I can see :)

Tempted to get another Ti though or just settle for a 970 or something until the new cards. I barely game any way at the moment

Caporegime
No, because the Ti cost me £150 more than the Fury! And the Fury was silent, cool, much prettier than my Ti.

I'm not fussed about the scores tbh, I just run them for fun. It's not really noticeable in game as far as I can see :)

Tempted to get another Ti though or just settle for a 970 or something until the new cards. I barely game any way at the moment

If you're not gaming then I'd just wait. I only bought my Ti because I am an absolute Tomb Raider nut and wanted to completely max out ROTTR, and my 670 wouldn't cut it.

Still think the Pascals will be underwhelming compared to peoples expectations.

Soldato
OP
If you're not gaming then I'd just wait. I only bought my Ti because I am an absolute Tomb Raider nut and wanted to completely max out ROTTR, and my 670 wouldn't cut it.

Still think the Pascals will be underwhelming compared to peoples expectations.

Tomb raider is the only game I want to play at the moment. 750Ti will run it extra low at 50fps :(

I'm 20% in and can't go further with this card :(

Caporegime
Fun fact, I've seen you about on the Forum since you signed up in 2012, but I've never actually read your username properly... Savage Sam... I have been reading it as a mess of sounds like "Savesgasm" this whole time because I never bothered to stop and pay attention! :p

Caporegime
Fun fact, I've seen you about on the Forum since you signed up in 2012, but I've never actually read your username properly... Savage Sam... I have been reading it as a mess of sounds like "Savesgasm" this whole time because I never bothered to stop and pay attention! :p

That's a fact. But I'm not sure how fun it is though.

Soldato
OP

Thanks Acne ;)

It feels like a waste playing games as good as this on extra low settings. I have everything maxed and my Ti's doing between 80-110fps.

Yeah, it looked gorgeous on ultra on the Fury X. Which is why I'm not playing it any further!

Back
Top Bottom