iRacing

Man of Honour
It's a totally unfair system. I have to drive to my maximum every single race to make small IR gains.

Race 2 I only gained 31 finishing 6th as car #12

Race 1 I lost 75 finishing 13th as car #7

So you finish 6 places higher than you rank and gain 31, finish 6 places lower than your rank and loose 75.

The guy who rammed me off and wrecked my car started 9th and finished 8th.

They may as well introduce the ability to give you the finger as they drive off with minimal damage.

Associate
Are you racing in the bottom/lower splits by any chance?

I ran a skippy race at Zolder last night in the top split and it was good clean race the only incident was me losing it in turn one

That said someone got punted off in the first lap by getting rear ended

I do feel you pain though, I've been in the same boat many times. I think to a degree you have to protect yourself from these things happening in the skip, if it looks like someone is going to divebomb then just move across to the defensive line and let them go down the outside, or just try and let them go by and crash into someone else

iRating is a pain, everytime I think I'm going to break the 2k barrier I get involved in an incident of some kind

Man of Honour
I'd say 99% of the time I'm in the top split.

If it was the 8:15pm race you ran then it was me ranting about being rammed off. The guy that hit me apologised, but when you look at his SR you get the feeling he probably does it more often than others.

I realise that the opening lap is usually your best chance to make places, but you got to allow for that fact that cars will be running closer together. At a track like Zolder there are three chicanes that bunch the field up and so you've got to adjust your normal braking point.

The only real passing place is the third from last corner before the last chicane, everywhere else really require big cooperation form the guy you're trying to pass. That usually means you compromise each other and give the cars behind a chance to catch up.

Which is another annoyance when the guy behind sticks his nose in at every corner cussing both of you to run slower give the guys in front a chance to break away and the guys behind to catch up.

The way SR and IR work it means that might as well do time trials because there's no encouragement to race.

90% of drivers are too stupid and selfish to race fair and clean.

The way track cutting works means that taking accident avoiding action will cost you so much time that you end up last anyway. So you may as well plough into the back of the car in front and drive away with minor damage.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah it was that race, the funny thing is that I had an incident with that driver a couple of weeks ago - I was stuck on the inside of him with nowhere to go and he just turned in on me

He got the raw end of the deal and gave me hell for it when there was nothing that I could do and then when he was at fault he kept blaming it on you

I saw it happen as I was right behind you both, that guy is on my **** list if I'm racing near people on that mental list then I tread very carefully or just let them go by and ruin someone else's race

I think too many people think that they are going to win the race on lap 1 in the skip, I tend to try and hang back and wait for the race to settle down but not everyone does it. In my experience the skip series is the worst for first lap gung ho overtakes

Man of Honour
When I checked his SR was around 1.5 mine has gone from 3.75 to 2.5 in three races, wven making allowances for how SR moves a lot when close to .0, it's still a big loss. Not that SR bothers me that much. But I very rarely have contact with drivers that's my fault and my off track incidents are no more than a couple in any race.

Even in my second race yesterday when I managed a finish I still incurred a x4 from a guy hitting me after he rejoined the track after he'd had a crash with someone else. Luckily I didn't sustain any damage.

Associate
Whats his name? We can name and shame here! ;)

I feel your pain, it's a reason I don't race as many different series as I would like to, I've been burned too many times in GT3 practice sessions to even consider racing there.

Soldato
Just had a fun race in GT1 at Monza. The draft is so strong you just cannot get away from the guy behind you unless you get about 3s ahead or are about .7s per lap faster. I was behind the leader until the last lap to try and push for a pass, but I made a slight error though Ascari and lost about 1 second and just ended up bringing it home in second place.

All that above then meant that this happened :D

KhUdmMe.png

6k club, WOOOOHOOOOOO! :D

Last edited:
Associate
Terrible weekend racing for me, thinking I might stop running GT3

First GT3 race someone race into me on the pace lap and destroyed my car, next race got about 10 laps in and overtook a car that went off track, as I braked for the final chicane he just drove straight into the back of me

Even after a full repair in the pits the car wasn't driveable because the steering was still bent. So frustrating as I do like GT3 I just hate the idiots

Had a good couple of drives in the skip though including 1 win but do to my various crashes I've not really gained anything

Associate
At the other end of the scale(!) I've recently started to get into this. I have just got out of rookies and had my first race today with 0 incidents. The game is very addictive - I can see me playing this for years to come. I'm going to see the rest of the season out in the MX-5 cup, and then decide where to focus (cash) next.

My head says go for the skippy's due to the amount of participation there is in the series, but I've been watching some Cadillac/Kia races on youtube and really like the look of them! Decisions, decisions...

Back
Top Bottom