Three Mobile - Tether Blocking

Soldato
Tested tethering is not enough. Mine worked fine for a week and now I get blocked (shortly after adding the unlimited data option). I have only used 150 meg or so.

You can only tether with unlimited data if you are on the one plan.

If you are on text500 & added unlimited data you can't tether. I could tether when I didn't have the addon though.

All-you-can-eat data on our Ultimate Internet plans or our All-you-can-eat data add-ons do not support tethering. If you would like to tether, please choose an alternative option: you can tether on (i) The One Plan; (ii) the One Plan SIM only; or (iii) By purchasing an Ultimate Internet Plan with the Tethering Add on. The add-on can be purchased via My3 on your handset and is also available to customers on our Talk and Text plans.

http://www.three.co.uk/Smallprint/Terms_and_Conditions?content_aid=1220469566802

Seems you need to buy an add on for tethering. Can't see it on the addon page though.

Associate
I'm confused, it's not particularly clear. So does that mean SIM 300 - 1 month All-you-can-eat data does not allow tethering? I was about to buy one.

It is mentioned in the pricing guide on the three web site and all over the three web site. The one plan is the only plan that allows tethering, any other package does not allow this, this includes the other all you can eat data. Its an added extra you must pay for.

This however does not stop some of us from tethering as it doesnt seem to block

Associate
Im on the Sim 600 with AYCD and changed phones yesterday.
Its a Galaxy S2 and sometimes i end up at the 3 tethering page.
The thing is im not tethering im only using the phone:eek:

Associate
three filter the market and block the default android tether. This does not stop you from using tethering apps ona rooted phone. on sim 600 and it all works fine and NO you do not need the tethering add-on at all.

root your phone and you will be ok with the right app

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I don't get blocked and I don't use anything else but stock android tether

On 15£ per month all you can eat data PAYG

I'm on the £15 a month sim only plan and I can tether using wifi tether from the market. Works like a charm and never had an issue

I've been telling everybody this for ages but nobody seems to take any notice. :p

Soldato
I don't get blocked and I don't use anything else but stock android tether

On 15£ per month all you can eat data PAYG

This is what I get on stock android/CM10

Are you using your phone as a modem or personal hotspot?

Reference SIM002
Using your phone as a modem and connecting it to other devices through WiFi or USB to get onto the internet (also called 'tethering'), is not what the plan you're on was designed for. If you would like to speak to someone about tethering options available to you, please call 333 free from your Three phone.

In the meantime if you want to get your phone back to browsing the internet you'll need to turn it off, allow it to reset itself for a few moments, and then turn it on again.

If you're looking for a Mobile Broadband connection, you'll get a better, cheaper and faster experience on one of our Mobile Broadband tariffs or devices. Just go to your nearest 3Store

As I say I'm on text500 with the unlimited data addon. That is lame paying more than you & I can't even use that feature without buying the Tethering addon.

Back
Top Bottom