Project MSI Osiris

Associate
Great build, especially for your first watercooled.

Built a new system myself based on MSI Godlike. Which route did you go with the overclocking, did you use the OC Genie? Found any good reading material for overclocking this board?

Associate
OP
Great build, especially for your first watercooled.

Built a new system myself based on MSI Godlike. Which route did you go with the overclocking, did you use the OC Genie? Found any good reading material for overclocking this board?

Ive not realy messed with the overclocking that much ..but what in have found is with xmp profile on this board (3000mhz ram) clock goes from 100x to 125x. .so having 3.2ghz makes it 4.0ghz ..I can get to 4.375ghz stable doing this with 1.3v I have had 4.5ghz but I have to not have xmp on ..I have also used the OC genie and had 4.67ghz but my ram down closed to 2666mhz . I think my problem is with the ram ..I can only have it at 3000mhz if I have xmp and not have the cpu overclock past 4.375ghz .

Im planning on doing proper clocking after Xmas as at the moment I don't even get chance to go on the computer .

Might have to do a compromise somewhere ..but to be honest without benching at the moment 4.0ghz is plenty .but I did buy the board to get around 4.5ghz and 4.7ghz ..I also think I have a pretty bad chip to be fair as it's out of my Alienware pc .

Associate
Nice work killswitch, looks a really slick build. You should be well chuffed with how it turned out, especially first time w/c. Now you can enjoy plenty of Xmas gaming in style!! :D

Associate
OP
Nice work killswitch, looks a really slick build. You should be well chuffed with how it turned out, especially first time w/c. Now you can enjoy plenty of Xmas gaming in style!! :D

Hay i will be if my X34 gets to me before Xmas ..should be though as it's direct from Acer .

I got a G920 wheel , K95 RGB and M65 all off my missis and a few games I think ..Just cause 3 and battlefront ..she got other stuff too do with my other expensive hobby mountain biking ..I've been a spoilt boy this year lol . I suppose it makes up for the expensive engagement ring i got her a couple of months ago ..Not that I haven't spent money myself for Xmas either ..she got everything she's asked for ..

Can't wait to start using the wheel though

Associate
OP
Ditched the x34 and now gone for 3 x dell 27in 144hz Gsync screens . i know i may have to turn down the settings but once the prices start falling on the 980ti when the new gen comes out i will then get a 3rd card .hopefully a hydro copper as this saves all the messing around . will take pics of new set up once all installed . I now have my new K95 RGB and M65, along with my new G920 steering wheel .

I'M NOW SKINT !!!

Soldato
Ditched the x34 and now gone for 3 x dell 27in 144hz Gsync screens . i know i may have to turn down the settings but once the prices start falling on the 980ti when the new gen comes out i will then get a 3rd card .hopefully a hydro copper as this saves all the messing around . will take pics of new set up once all installed . I now have my new K95 RGB and M65, along with my new G920 steering wheel .

I'M NOW SKINT !!!

Wow very nice indeed. To be honest depends on the game. A single Ti in my system will do 120-130fps on bf4 with everything maxed out. And i said a while back side screens dont use as much power as the main screen. That being said a few adjusted settings and I think they should do just fine still maintaining good fps and good settings.

No wonder your skint :p. Id love to see some pictures of the setup once your done.

Associate
OP
Wow very nice indeed. To be honest depends on the game. A single Ti in my system will do 120-130fps on bf4 with everything maxed out. And i said a while back side screens dont use as much power as the main screen. That being said a few adjusted settings and I think they should do just fine still maintaining good fps and good settings.

No wonder your skint :p. Id love to see some pictures of the setup once your done.

Im loving it but need to send 2 of the screens back , 1 had a dead pixel and the other had dirt in the screen . the first 1 i had is great . if i get another 2 dud i will just deal with Dell . just need a good but not expensive 3 way arm now .

And god bless Aqua computer , they are sending out a brand new replacement fan controler and bluetooth LED controller all cus the LED controller caught fire a while back , i sent them an email just asking what to do , they replaceing fan controller cus LED controller melted 1 of the fan ports and touch screen dont work . thanks to overclockers for not having stock of the LED controller as ive been waiting with my order for a whole month and paid so i just emailed Aqua computer and they asked for photos and then we will replace both as they seem to think 1 of the wires was to blame .

thats brilliant customer service .

Once everything is complete and all screens are on there mount and LED controller is in and wheel set up i will take some better pics . i love the set up . the response time on COD are second to none . got a bit dizzy at first because its so immersive .

Associate
OP
UPADATE .

as i had my 2x980ti in sli and had the MSI gaming bridge L i didn't realize my cards were only running at 8x/8x in slot 1 and 3 on the board and i can only get 16x/16x if i have in 1 and 4 so i have had to drain once again and buy a 3 way EK water terminal and a blanking plate for the middle as the spacing is 80mm and then i had to get a 3 way EVGA pro sli bridge as that is also 80mm and cant find anywhere the MSI gaming 3 way bridge . i have been in contact with MSI as they say on the 2 way sli bridge that its compatible wit the GODLIKE GAMING board . Ive also now got a triple arm for the monitors and ive extended my desk . will post picks up soon .

Associate
OP
In next couple of months will be striping this down and painting the case gloss red with black lines to see it all off . I will also be adding another 980ti and an extra Res the same as I have and an extra 120mm rad that I was originally going to put in the back and will be putting a 140mm Fan on the front to blow cold air into the case . Will be completely drained and going with a White pastel liquid .

I will also be swapping out the 3 dell screens for a Acer 4K 32in Gsync screen .

Watch this space as this bad boy is going to change for the better . Osiris MK2

Associate
OP
Update , changing a few things in the pc as mentioned but its happening sooner rather than later due to my pump failing grrrrr which EK are exchanging for me for a dual D5 pump instead of the untrustworthy DDC pump .

I have now ordered a Plexi bridge for the new Meyhems Aurora 2 red Coolant and ive got 3 of the 9 RGB Riing 12 fans . re doing the lighting .for now i wont be adding the extra card . im going to wait until the 1080ti are released or see what price they come in at around the end of the year or sooner ,even though the 980ti card from here is a bargain at £375 , but then i have to buy the water block £89 , the back plate £24 , the new terminal £30 and new sli bridge £40 ..£550 odd i dont think its worth adding another card just yet .

Back
Top Bottom