8 Packs MATX LAN gaming system.

OcUK Staff
I am attending Iseries Multiplay event with OCUK this year and thought with the arrival of the excellent looking Parvum Water cooling MATX case I would build myself a small rig to take with me. This build is not one of my super exclusive high end builds just a 24/7 rig for me to use whilst away from home.

Here are the specs:
Maximus v gene
Corsair Dominators 8gb 2133mhz Hynix
Corsair 860 AXI PSU

Watercooling
DDC Plus Pump.
Bitspower Res Top.
2 x XSPC 240 Rads
1 X XSPC 360 Rad
6 x Sythe GT 1850 fans @ 7v (for silence)
Bitspower and EK fittings.
EK Supremecy
EK MB Block
EK Dominator RAM block
EK 7990 Block and Backplate.
Mayhems Pastel Red Coolant
Bitfenix Braided Cables.

Craming all this hardware into a MATX was not gonna be easy!!! Here are the pics of the build.

The Case:

Most of the Bits!!!

Big Traps!!!!

Board blocked up and some pipe work in place.

Board mounted in the case with tge front Rad and Fans!!

Top Rad in place and some tubing!!!

I/O Shield.

Bottom rad in but the graphics is gonna be tight!!!! Look at the Bi's on that system builder!!

Too Tight!!! bottom rad out graphics in!!! Bottom Rad back in with fans now mounted on top pushing out.

Tubing Complete and filling the loop. With full cable management in place.

Bleeding the loop.

Completed system with side off. Decided to put a white light strip behind the 8 logo so it shows up nicely with the sides in place.

More....... with sides on!!!

I really enjoyed building this system. Looks really great given the size constraints!!! This case is excellent for the MATX watercooling build but it was still a challenge cramming all the hardware in. And finally the Overclock. Nothing too extravagent just 24/7 stability (5ghz ;))

Yeah I know!!! Overclocking 24/7 Stable 5ghz, RAM 2133mhz Tuned very tight subs, Graphics stock volts for cool operation with the sliders on AB maxed out at 1100, 1575. Done!!!

Stability

2D Benches at 24/7 clocks

3D Benches at 24/7 Clocks

Associate
That build looks brilliant.
But the question is did you get to 5GHz stable due to your skill and a bit of luck or had you binned a few cpu's before you found that one was the best of the lot? Actually I think I know the answer.

Soldato
That build looks brilliant.
But the question is did you get to 5GHz stable due to your skill and a bit of luck or had you binned a few cpu's before you found that one was the best of the lot? Actually I think I know the answer.

i could probably get 5ghz stable at that voltage on my chip which i didn't bin for I'm just not confident enough haha.

I managed 4.9 at 1.385v so

Eitherway excellent looking system Can't wait to put mine in a parvum case just saving the $$ for all the new fittings

OcUK Staff
OP
The CPU is not binned as such. Its never been on water or air before but is good for 6.4 LN2 3D stable so it figures it clocks so well on water. 2800 IMC capable too.

I have at least as good ones here which are binned on air for my 8 Pack systems.

Soldato
This is amazing. The little things im loving, like your wallpaper with your PC on and the 8 carved in.

You do a training log for yourself by any chance? triceps look bigger than the case haha.

OcUK Staff
OP
Is that Ivy delided?

Nice looking system there, not too sure on the tubing routing/fittings though.

I did all the tubing for looks mainly and perf second. Although perf is still very good, 5ghz smokes what most can do under ideal conditions and that is with a dual Card and overclocked RAM.

To fit all this in such a small area many 90 degree and 45 degree fittings are necessary but flow is fine due to the fact your pumping over jack all distance!!!

Back
Top Bottom