First Time Water - Patience [Parvum S2.0]

Soldato
Hi there,

I thought it would be a good time to start my project log. The log is kind of delayed as i started to buy the parts in October last year but i took pictures along the way.

Currently saving for a house and a wedding, i know right? I was given the green light by she who wears the trousers that we could spare enough to buy 1 part each month. I have learned a whole new meaning to 'patience'. There the name of this build was born :D.

So to the PC.

Specs:
  • Case: Parvum S2.0 MATX Black & Green
  • HDD: Samsung 950 pro Nano M2
  • MoBo: Asus 7170M-Plus
  • CPU: Intel i5-6600k Skylake (3.9ghz)
  • PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W
  • Mouse: Zowie FK1

Watercooling:
  • CPU Block: EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel
  • RADS: XSPC EX240 x 2
  • FANS: Akasa AK-FN058 PWM super silent x 4
  • RAM: Corsair Dominator 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
  • Fitting: EK-HDC fittings x 8 (Black)
  • Angled Fitting: EK-AF 90 degree x 7
  • Tube : EK-HD PETG Tube (11m)
  • RES: EK-XRES 140 DDC PWM
  • Coolent : Mayhems Pastel Ice White

Other Parts:
  • Monsoon Hardline Pro bending kit
  • Monsoon Hardline Pro Mandrel Kit
  • Heatgun

This is the first time watercooling and i have always liked the look of hard tube. I know people say you shouldn't hardline for the first time watercooling but if i was going to wait this long to get the build rolling. I thought why not do the whole hog.

The amount of tube i purchased for this small case, shows this wasn't the best idea i have ever had.

Photo's to come.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Pics:

The case:

gpuMvFZl.jpg

zqHdnqkl.jpg

kWFwx1Dl.jpg

mUAuFAYl.jpg

The mobo board was damaged when it came, so the guys at Parvum sent me a replacement! Great service.

O69iUiAl.jpg

Motherboard:

e3aTqfdl.jpg

Iy2ksD7l.jpg

VihpZNal.jpg

1SzGMKll.jpg

vWzwOMcl.jpg

P3Koxqal.jpg

NBbNAORl.jpg

2ih98ldl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
You mean you don't have a 'spare' credit card that you forgot to tell her about? Amateur :p

What graphics card are you planning on throwing in it?

At least while you're waiting for the other parts you can get a bit of practice in bending some tubes, a few goes at some 45° & 90° bends and you'll be a pro by the time the loop is ready to be done :)

Associate
Really looking forward to seeing how you get on with the hardline tubing.

I've been watercooling for years but never had the nerve to attempt hardline.

Soldato
OP
Sounds good :)

Oh, and your patience is admirable!

Haha thanks, I didnt start to build it until Feb. I knew that if i started sooner i would want to buy everything in one go. Which is happening now :p

You mean you don't have a 'spare' credit card that you forgot to tell her about? Amateur :p

What graphics card are you planning on throwing in it?

At least while you're waiting for the other parts you can get a bit of practice in bending some tubes, a few goes at some 45° & 90° bends and you'll be a pro by the time the loop is ready to be done :)

I was saving to put a 1070 in there. Although i'm going to wait until the end of the month just to see the AMD pricing.

Really looking forward to seeing how you get on with the hardline tubing.

I've been watercooling for years but never had the nerve to attempt hardline.

I wish i didn't try to attempt it looking back at the headaches i have faced. I used about 12m of tube of this tiny case! :D

Soldato
OP
Good effort and I'm following the patience purchase method!
Case last month, rads this month.

As am I, bought my SSD and RAM last month, Mobo this month Case and SSHD next month etc I will have a fully working PC by Christmas lol.

It's a great way. The months do fly by.

Gaaaah. Se im going got PETG for the first time too
:S

Hey man, don't let me put you off. I used a lot more tube than i should have. But you get a great sense of achievement once it all fits together.

Soldato
OP
EK-Supremacy EVO nickel. Fantastic feeling block, very weighty. Love it :D

64wXneRl.jpg

eeAoFPRl.jpg

LJUpYCvl.jpg

1PrDxvSl.jpg

XBsdZ90l.jpg

eeAoFPRl.jpg

MAet95Ql.jpg

lmYVA0al.jpg

HcfkH5Tl.jpg

Samsung 950 Nano M2:

WRhisLWl.jpg

sVsyp5El.jpg

I decided on the Akasa - Apache black super silent PWM fans just because of the price and reviews. I can not hear these at all when they are on full. Hear them a little on turbo. Great value for money.

RyoasVGl.jpg

TvSlo2cl.jpg

m7vndJil.jpg

Fans & Rads fitted. Slowly filling up now :D

tQlGxEyl.jpg

It looks like there is a big mark/scuff/scratch on the top here. Luckily it must have just been dirty, rubbed straight off.

hiLs8k3l.jpg

Cwqx9evl.jpg

7Vtvkmul.jpg

Soldato
OP
Time to start on the water cooling part of the build with the part list slowly growing and calling my name every time i walk past the door.

First of all i bought the XPSC bending kit just because you had everything all in one. You had the snips, silicon filler and the bending part itself. Unfortunately i just did not like using this. There was a ridge which you can see underneath the logo, so you couldn't lay the tube down to do an opposite direction shot. Also the silicon gripped the tube so bad. It just would not go in without a load of washing up liquid and best wishes.

The snips however turned out to be amazing on the PETG tubing. So nice to use.

Also, my sincerest apologies for the mildly crotch shots :cool:

kFQTzIrl.jpg

lNS0kXhl.jpg

4yDIQZMl.jpg

Photo showing the bending problems i spoke about;

bwM1npnl.jpg

Slowly getting more frustrated i decided to just buy the monsoon pro kit. Even though I only needed the 90 degree angled mandrel.

rfnD2wEl.jpg

Using this was fantastic. I am not the best at DIY, or anything which requires tools on that matter so i struggled for the first few meters of tube just because i couldn't figure out how to get the bends in the positions that i wanted. Had a few face time calls from friends which pointed me in the right direction.

Right some more pictures:

The EKWB PETG (First delivery of many).

EWVrB2Gl.jpg

Fittings - Protip, do not over tighten these when your just trying them out. The amount of skin i have lost trying to undo them. Used Marigolds in the end.

Gfyqz2gl.jpg

nHB7S1El.jpg

And the EKWB 140mm Res & DC pump combo

24b8AISl.jpg

Soldato
OP
RAM came. Went for 3200mhz Dominator Plats. (Mind the parents carpet).

3wbt5oil.jpg

OK so it's time to start bending!

Once again i would like to note i have no experience whats so ever at this kind of thing. All inspiration from other project threads here and videos.

Just playing around with getting the temperature of the tube right and how far/close i need to have it to the heat gun for the best bending.

BDYlQyol.jpg

The picture makes the top tube look flat oddly, however it turned out pretty nice.

A few problems i had was measuring where the bend actually begins. I marked on where i would like the bend to actually be although, time and time again it would be shorter than i measured so the tube would need to be scrapped! I put this solely down to experience. I have none :D

The problem wasn't messing up the tubes it was finding that the store was out of stock! Oddly this made me more frustrated when i messed a tube up than messing the tube up itself.

3aG2EMwl.jpg

If you can see i didn't have the snips with me so tried using a little junior hacksaw. TIP: Always use the snips. The cut edges just look awful.

hCWbkdpl.jpg

I'll just leave some pictures on of the tubing coming together:

eigCPnIl.jpg

dn1l1Uol.jpg

Bp8ohZgl.jpg

Made a lovely bend for the CPU out to RAD. Unfortunately i didnt account for where the RES would be going :(

5ysdhbHl.jpg

Managed to cut it down and re-use whilst using 3 90 degree angled fittings.

NmLpK0Cl.jpg

ASYUqGzl.jpg

I just didn't like the look of that. So off i went to orders another batch of tube.

Overall how it looked before ordering the new tube.

Q1B6GlRl.jpg

Notice the top rad with just the 1 fan.

Soldato
As someone who's never watercooled anything either, you seem to be coming along nicely...It's very interesting to see how you're coming along.

Back
Top Bottom