Done somethig stupid, any clever ideas: USB drivers

Soldato
I'm just building a PC with an ASUS based bundle. I've installed Win 7 and started updating motherboard drivers. I've just updated the USB drivers restarted and low and behold my usb mouse and keyboard don't work so i can't log in to finish the installation.

So ther than borrowing a ps2 mouse and keyboard are there any clever ideas to get me out of this pickle.

Soldato
Something else: try just waiting. Windows may need to re-detect the devices and reinstall the drivers. So go make a cup of tea and come back and see if it works.

Soldato
OP
I tried a few of those with no joy but thanks for chucking them out I wouldn't have guessed all of them. I should be able to borrow a keyboard today if not i'll be back trying one or two of the more involved ideas.

Thanks peeps.

Soldato
I feel this thread because this was my experience of upgrading to Windows 10. I don't have PS2 ports so needed fresh install and lost all my Photoshop settings :(

I didn't think about remote desktop though, that sounds like a good one to try!

Caporegime
With the remote desktop suggestion, won't he need to set it up on the host PC firstly? If he hasn't already done it then how can he do that without a working keyboard or mouse?

Soldato
With the remote desktop suggestion, won't he need to set it up on the host PC firstly? If he hasn't already done it then how can he do that without a working keyboard or mouse?

I think that Windows has it enabled by default... but you may be right. Worth a go though, imo :)

Back
Top Bottom