Random lock up on mum new pc

Permabanned
mum new home pc is having random lockups and showing disk is under 100% load

each lock up last around 5 seconds and it happens ever 2 or 3 mins.
I notice the lock up when using chrome, but mum says it happens when watching video too.

System spec

AsRock Extream3 R2.0
AMD 6130 @ Stock
4gb DDR3 1600, had to RMA her 8gb kit.
XFX R7 260x
Psu Corsair GS850

ever this is new from OcUK apart from the GPU(MM) and PSU(Donated by me).

Permabanned
OP
its been about a week(ish) am back at mums and computer is still locking up?
i have think i have decided it chrome. any advice other than a fresh install

Edit: as i was typing both display and chrome just started updating

Last edited:
Soldato
I've seen this problem too on a PC running here. I'm pretty sure this is linked to Adobe Flash Player / Shockwave, particularly the version embedded in Chrome. it tends to go into an infinite loop causing 100% CPU and the cause seems to be certain embedded adverts on web pages which use Flash / Shockwave.

Try temporarily disabling Flash content within Chrome and see if the problem stops.

I couldn't find a solution myself under Windows 7, but the problem completely went away when I upgraded to Windows 10.

What version of Windows is your Mum's PC running?

Permabanned
OP
I've seen this problem too on a PC running here. I'm pretty sure this is linked to Adobe Flash Player / Shockwave, particularly the version embedded in Chrome. it tends to go into an infinite loop causing 100% CPU and the cause seems to be certain embedded adverts on web pages which use Flash / Shockwave.

Try temporarily disabling Flash content within Chrome and see if the problem stops.

I couldn't find a solution myself under Windows 7, but the problem completely went away when I upgraded to Windows 10.

What version of Windows is your Mum's PC running?

Running win10 64bit. system shows 100% disk load but cpu is around 10% to 15%

Permabanned
OP
This is what happens

Untitled.png

Permabanned
OP

Jackpot, i just got an error telling me Shockwave is not responding. now i just need to work out how to disable it

Back
Top Bottom