B-grade stock, would you?

Soldato
I bought a BenQ XR3501 35" 21:9 monitor and it works perfectly OK. The box was a beaten up but otherwise it's on my dedicated race sim setup. Plus I now prefer watching films on it rather them my Acer X34. -48% off the normal price was worth the gamble.

Soldato
I also received a B Grade replacement X99 board for an RMA. I was a bit miffed at first but after two previous boards failing this has been by far the most reliable with zero cold boot or DDR4 compatibility issues so I'm keeping it.

Associate
Picked up a B grade Dell S2716DG for £329.99 recently, everything included and all sealed up, perfect condition apart from a small thumb print on the bottom of the screen which cleaned off easily :D

Soldato
Had a B grade graphics card that was boxed new never opened, was a great saving at time.

Picked up a Silverstone HTPC case B grade that was less than half price, it was perfect condition.

Last edited:
Associate
Got my current motherboard B-grade. Saved me £30 but I had to get a backplate for it from ebay for £7.

Would do it again. Any issues with it are likely to be noticed within the warranty period anyway so it's a fairly calculated risk.

Soldato
Bought a few things B Grade from OCUK. Some have been ok i.e monitors but others have clearly been used i.e a motherboard and cpu turning up with thermal paste all over them.

Associate
I purchased a few things from the B Grade* section when I was an active participant in upgrading. Couple of Sapphire HD7970's, nicely discounted. One had a small whine the other was perfect, the whine subsided after a couple of weeks gaming and you couldn't hear it within the case either way. I was very pleased :)

Associate
Bought a B grade graphics card before, came as just a bare card. Had no issues with it & was still working fine when I sold it a few years later

Soldato
I bought a 27" Dell monitor from OcUK B-Grade - It was perfect, and I saved about £150-200 :D Obviously, other items may vary.

Soldato
I would and have just bought a CPU motherboard and gfx card all B-grade.

Just wanted to know your opinions please.

Yeah i do it all the time, i couldnt afford half my stuff if i didnt go bgrade.

Btw, close the thread quick before everyone else learns about these cheap deals or there will be non left for us.

Man of Honour
I bought a Palit GTX670 Jetstream a few year ago for a big saving and it was a cracking card. Only got the bare card but I reckoned that was all I would get anyway. I have bought quite a few watercooling items as well. Sadly though, most of the time the prices are not far off brand new prices and seeing as you only get 90 days with B-grade a lot of the time you are better off spending a little extra to get a brand new item with full warranty.

Back
Top Bottom