Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
a lot of area's have had the free speed upgrade. To be honest I dont think there's many left that havent. You must be one of the unlucky ones. They are probably trying to upgrade the area before pushing it through.
Im getting a decent speed off peak but it does drop somewhat at peak times, before the speed upgrade it was 150mb at all times.

Yeah this is the reason I'm not too fussed about not getting the upgrade yet.

That being said, I've been out of contract for a while now, so should probably re-negotiate a new deal.

Soldato
a lot of area's have had the free speed upgrade. To be honest I dont think there's many left that havent. You must be one of the unlucky ones. They are probably trying to upgrade the area before pushing it through.
Im getting a decent speed off peak but it does drop somewhat at peak times, before the speed upgrade it was 150mb at all times.

I get 100mb, but a free upgrade would have been nice.

Caporegime

My account says the 'free' upgrade is between Nov - Apr. :D in time for when the contract expires. :D

Soldato
Anyone else getting random ping spikes in games recently? Noticed it about 2 days ago. Every 20-30 mins I'll get massive lag spike (enough to stop the game completely) for about 1 second. Not sure if it's my connection or on their end.

Soldato
Anyone else getting random ping spikes in games recently? Noticed it about 2 days ago. Every 20-30 mins I'll get massive lag spike (enough to stop the game completely) for about 1 second. Not sure if it's my connection or on their end.
Ive had a lag issue from the joined, loading anything takes longer then my sky 8mb did, but they are adamant my broadband has no issue, and I cant use the wifi more then 10 feet away, I've been on the phone to them twice a month at least, I still have no results and no fiber in my area.

Soldato
Contract ends in a couple of months. Is it much cheaper just going broadband only? We currently get Phone M and 200MB.

Pay something around £26 a month which includes a £6 discount. Phone line was paid for up front. I'm only a little reluctent to completely get rid off the phone line because I look after my 5 month old daughter. So depending on who needs to get in contact with me. I do have a mobile though. Is the age of owning a landline over?

Associate
Is the age of owning a landline over?

Out of all my friends and family who have a telephone line, only my parents still use it for actual calls. Everyone else who has one (because they are required to for their broadband connection) never plug in a telephone.

We've never had a telephone line installed in our house. Everyone simply calls our mobiles if they need to get hold of us.

Soldato
Moving house in a month and my current by infinity contract will be up. The new property has virgin in and looking at prices I can save myself a bit by switching to Virgin. What's people's general consensus of their packages/performance? Will be looking at 100mb plus phone package initially. I do a fair bit of online gaming so want to know if connection is pretty stable as seen a few posts about lag spikes.

Soldato
Moving house in a month and my current by infinity contract will be up. The new property has virgin in and looking at prices I can save myself a bit by switching to Virgin. What's people's general consensus of their packages/performance? Will be looking at 100mb plus phone package initially. I do a fair bit of online gaming so want to know if connection is pretty stable as seen a few posts about lag spikes.

Check Fibre speeds at your new place.

I will have to go VM in my new place due to only being estimated 15-21Mbps with Fibre.

Back
Top Bottom