Virgin media customers (broadband only) please

Associate
I have to smile at the many times people don't answer the explicit question that was asked ;) He said BROADBAND ONLY people.:p

I was paying £19.75 for 200Mb broadband only. I added the Homeworks+ which bumped it up by £14 so now it's £34.75 for 300Mb only.

Would like to know how you managed this

Permabanned
Would like to know how you managed this
Persistence and luck. Way, way back in the virgin media thread you will see guys who were paying £20 for the top broadband at the time (which I think was 100Mb) AND phone line. Normally this would have cost £40+. Since then I've also bargained hard and gone through several tiers of customer services to get to the people that can do the better deals.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is Virgin broadband 'only' so costly? We will only want broadband and no phone etc

Because they want you to buy a package,Then they slowly increase the price every six months or so until you have to phone them again and threaten to leave in which they offer a better deal then the same applies again.

They do like keep on putting the prices up,But their internet connection is very decent.

Associate
Some great prices here, was paying £40.75 for 200/12, but now paying £52 for 300/20. For me it was worth it for the upload alone, but I went with homeworks+ as it was only a tiny bit more than the 200/20 gamer tariff.

Been a customer since 2002 when NTL owned it. I'm useless at haggling :(

Soldato
I have been a customer of virgin since 1998. So maybe that is why I get such a great deal :)

Back then it was not virgin, it was blueyonder/telewest.

I surprised you stuck with them that long, you deserve a medal, I get annoyed just talking to them and the bs they always give, its like talking to a brick wall.

Associate
I have been a customer of virgin since 1998. So maybe that is why I get such a great deal :)

Back then it was not virgin, it was blueyonder/telewest.

Been with them since 1997 when it was United Artists and to be honest since Virgin took over feel we have been treated like dirt at times.

I thought there was only an XL tv package?

I'm on XL TV with 152mb and XXL phone, XL bundle at £120 odd per month. Now I am feeling fleeced, and before that I was paying more due to the old package systems even when newer packages offered more for less. A tivo box downstair and the old Samsung V+ box upstair that we have to pay extra for per month.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I surprised you stuck with them that long, you deserve a medal, I get annoyed just talking to them and the bs they always give, its like talking to a brick wall.
This.
Trying to get coherent sense from CS is akin to pulling teeth without anaesthetic. I break out in a cold sweat any time I have to call them. It's just as well that I get it so cheap...

Man of Honour
My parents have been with VM/TW since 1999 ish.

I signed up when moved so been with them for 2 years without discount paying £33.25 for 150MB (free install with SH2 AC). Just had the letter saying it will be £3 a month more so £36 for just BB is now taking the wee. Going to phone them up and see what they can do.

On their site 150MB doesn't seem an option now but 100MB is £37 :eek:

Back
Top Bottom