Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Permabanned
Or in the meantime (until the problem can be fixed) you could:

1. Keep the Dell and the Hazro both connected and, when you're finished with the bios/boot loader, turn off the Dell;
2. Or if you only need to change the boot order, use something like EasyBCD (means you have to reboot everytime you change boot order and no access to bios but the Dell need not be connected).

I have purcahsed a cheap 15" lcd for the Bios task, It will sit behind the hazro and be used when required, or will use it for steam / msn chat :)

Associate
OP
Interested in the 27" CCFL now, any indications you can give that it will be cheaper than the Apple 27" which I can get for £746.13?

Definitely will be cheaper than that - we are looking at a price of £500~£550 ish [inc. VAT] for the first batch which will be made available just before xmas. Sincere apologies for the delay - we're hoping for a definite price this week with pics going live tomorrow

Permabanned
I must say Hazro... This monitor is OMG super amazing!

Playing The force unleashed 2 on it and it all just jumps out! the colour the response times are all perfect!

I have sorted my issue with it not working at post by useing a small 15" as a second monitor for Bios and the like.

Soldato
Yes, I agree, the panel is very impressive as far as colour-vibrancy goes. Red-orange colours in particular are very impressive.

I have to say though, the ZR30W has noticeably better definition in dark areas. I could tell as soon as I loaded up Fallout New Vegas (indoors) that dark areas were not as well defined (confirming what I had found in the Lagom tests). It's still better than almost all other screens I've used as far as black definition goes though.

Associate
Is this the glossy screen version? Because that's what I want.

We shall only be doing the CCFL version as CCFL gives more accurate colour reproduction and these monitors are all about accurate detailed colours wheras LED backlit screen may look very nice but normally tend to take natural colours a bit OTT.

So Hazro for now will just be CCFL versions. :)

-OCuk will only be stocking for now the non-glossy/matte version (post no. 114 on page 4 of this thread)

Associate
Sorry for a silly question - but I don't understand this scaler problem.

If this 30" model doesn't have scaler, does it mean that playing blueray movies on PC it won't play it "normally"?

Soldato
Sorry for a silly question - but I don't understand this scaler problem.

If this 30" model doesn't have scaler, does it mean that playing blueray movies on PC it won't play it "normally"?

If you play the blu-ray through your PC, then you will have absolutely no trouble at all. Your PC (through your video card and its drivers) will give you all the control you would expect, whether playing blu-rays, watching a film, or paying a game.

If you mean from an external source (like a PS3, x-box or an external blu-ray drive) then I have no idea. I'm sure Mr hazro can answer the question though.

Associate
If you play the blu-ray through your PC, then you will have absolutely no trouble at all. Your PC (through your video card and its drivers) will give you all the control you would expect, whether playing blu-rays, watching a film, or paying a game.

If you mean from an external source (like a PS3, x-box or an external blu-ray drive) then I have no idea. I'm sure Mr hazro can answer the question though.

That's fine, thanks Duff-Man for confirming that. This is ok, this is what I would be looking for - strickly PC monitor. No consols, no other hardware, just PC.

Only thing that puts me off is that dead pixel policy...
This is serious! I would rather wait and save some more money and get more expensive monitor than getting one and finding out that I have dead pixels.
I saw somewhere that Hazro may actually change this policy with next OCUK shipment - is that true?
Mr Hazro - can you please confirm this?

Associate
OP
Only thing that puts me off is that dead pixel policy... I saw somewhere that Hazro may actually change this policy with next OCUK shipment - is that true?

The published pixel policy is putting buyers off [we understand why] and this will definitely change but probably not for the immediate next shipment [everything is set to go in the next day or so]. However, we can pretty much guarantee your panel won't be any different to other purchasers in this thread [its all the same lot]. As I mentioned previously, we take into consideration buyers concerns and would never put a panel on the market with MURA defects. It maybe worth asking OCUK to inspect a panel beforehand or maybe pop into their store [if they allow any of these].

Associate
The published pixel policy is putting buyers off [we understand why] and this will definitely change but probably not for the immediate next shipment [everything is set to go in the next day or so]. However, we can pretty much guarantee your panel won't be any different to other purchasers in this thread [its all the same lot]. As I mentioned previously, we take into consideration buyers concerns and would never put a panel on the market with MURA defects. It maybe worth asking OCUK to inspect a panel beforehand or maybe pop into their store [if they allow any of these].

Thanks for explanation. Can you tell when those changes would be made? next month or later?
One more question - on OCUK shop site it says: 3 year return to base warranty. Does it mean in case of some fault I need to send it back to OCUK or to your site?

Associate

I have one more question to you - did you try to lower resolution in games, like from 2560x to 1920x? How does it look like?

Back
Top Bottom