US University offers counselling to students after Sombreros worn at Tequila Party

Soldato
False rape claims not particularly socially unacceptable.

I've seen it all now.

Women can and have been jailed for making false rape claims.

It's the Guardian. They ran an opinion piece on the Free Keisha situation that stated it didn't matter whether there was proof or not, the judge should have ruled in her favour. I wouldn't set too much store by them.

From the CPS statement on this:
However, the evidence in this case was strong and having considered it in light of all of our knowledge and guidance on prosecuting sexual offences and allegedly false rape claims, it is clear there was sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction for perverting the course of justice

The Guardian have (I'm intuiting reluctantly) put a note to this effect at the end of the article, though they've tucked it away as a footnote at the end and let the rest of their piece stand unaltered.

Confidentiality in rape cases should be preserved for both defendant and the plaintiff as much as possible. It thus protects whichever party is guilty either way.

Caporegime
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-36320123

University students have been asked not to throw their mortarboards in the air due to health and safety concerns.
Some graduates at the University of East Anglia (UEA) in Norwich have been hurt by falling hats in recent years, student newspaper The Tab reported.
Students have been urged to mime the throwing action instead, and have hats added digitally to the photo after.
A university spokeswoman said injuries caused by falling mortarboards posed an "unacceptable risk".

:D

Associate
It's the Guardian. They ran an opinion piece on the Free Keisha situation that stated it didn't matter whether there was proof or not, the judge should have ruled in her favour. I wouldn't set too much store by them.

I accept that I have a bias on this, as The Guardian was the paper I bought most often while living in the UK, but it's not uncommon for them to run two opinion pieces within a few days (or even on the same day) which contradict each other. Even on Tuesday they had one advocating the cutting of tuition fees and another saying the cap should be lifted.

I trawl through them every week finding interesting things to spark conversations with students, and only recently noticed how often they run opposing pieces.

Caporegime
I accept that I have a bias on this, as The Guardian was the paper I bought most often while living in the UK, but it's not uncommon for them to run two opinion pieces within a few days (or even on the same day) which contradict each other. Even on Tuesday they had one advocating the cutting of tuition fees and another saying the cap should be lifted.

I trawl through them every week finding interesting things to spark conversations with students, and only recently noticed how often they run opposing pieces.

Thats cause opinion peices are only thw writers opinion not the papers.

The editorials are all consistent

Caporegime
can't directly post it in here due to swearies but relevant to the thread - check out Milo Yiannopoulos at DePaul University on youtube....

some BLM protestors invaded the stage but security/police (that the student organisers had to pay for at the last minute under the threat the event would be pulled) stood back and did nothing, apparently the college didn't like Milo being there and told the police not to intervene

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/...security-told-depaul-administrators-not-jobs/

Last edited:
Soldato
"Well mum there was this gay man who just had the wrong opinions" :D

I really don't like all this shouting down others opinions. What's wrong with "this is why you are wrong X" not "*whistles* I've got all day".

I'm not convinced being irritating is an effective countermeasure to opposing opinions.

There was definitly something wrong with that straight out of Chicago girl. She couldn't seem to stop bouncing like she was on drugs (or not enough of them).

Soldato
can't directly post it in here due to swearies but relevant to the thread - check out Milo Yiannopoulos at DePaul University on youtube....

some BLM protestors invaded the stage but security/police (that the student organisers had to pay for at the last minute under the threat the event would be pulled) stood back and did nothing, apparently the college didn't like Milo being there and told the police not to intervene

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/...security-told-depaul-administrators-not-jobs/

Unbelievably frustrating.

Every single one of them should be pulled up and immediately expelled. First up, that jumped-up little bitch shoving the mic in Milo's face screaming "Whatchoo gotta say?!?"

And then, of course... completely turning on her "fellow black" and screaming white supremacy because she disagrees.

Get them out. University's no place for these people.

Soldato
I'd never heard the term 'triggered' until I saw this thread. It's as if some special little *********'s found a way to make their own neurosis and all-round inability to cope with life everybody else's problem, and everybody's else's fault but their own.

You're quite right though, these people, who seemingly can't stand having their positions challenged, or tolerate any opinion divergent from their own really shouldn't be at a university.

Soldato
This generation is in for a shock when they discover that life doesn't have safe spaces.

Bingo!

This current generation of kids (16-21) are utterly ridiculous. To think the same age group went to fight Nazis and save the country back in the 1940s yet now they complain when they break a nail or their "guy-liner" makeup for men, is ruined by humidity.

The world is going down the plug hole with lefty liberalism.

Caporegime
Brown University's student body president will be hand-delivering menstrual products to all nonresidential bathrooms on campus, including men’s rooms, with the help of 20 other students. The initiative is intended to communicate the message that "pads and tampons are a necessity, not a luxury," and that not all people who menstruate are women.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8105

The world has gone utterly mad.

Back
Top Bottom