Thermaltake core P5

Soldato
Hi all

Im looking at starting a brand new build and using the Thermaltake Core P5 case, Couple of questions to ask

What do you guys think it will be like with dust?
Can i lay it down and stand it up depending on where i finally decide to put it?

Soldato
Whats the matter with them? The reason i was gonna use one is because i want to be different and have a different case to most others..

I think he's trying to dig at the fact they pretty much copied another brands case. So your last post in wanting to be different couldn't be further from the truth lol. If you wanna be different go lian-li as they seems to have dropped out of fashion somewhat.

Soldato
I think he's trying to dig at the fact they pretty much copied another brands case. So your last post in wanting to be different couldn't be further from the truth lol. If you wanna be different go lian-li as they seems to have dropped out of fashion somewhat.

While Thermaltake did blatantly copy Caselabs and Fractal on some cases, the Core P5 (and upcoming P3) do not really fall in to that category. There's nothing else like them that I've seen, so at least in that respect you aren't buying a clone of anything else... and the P5 is a good case by most accounts, if you can even call it a 'case' with its open design. As for Lian Li, they are seeing a bit of resurgence of late, leading the way with some very striking (and expensive) tempered glass cases, with the PC-O8, PC-O9 and PC-O7 series. Definitely more of a departure from their older style which I agree isn't particularly fashionable (although they've always made very solid well build cases).

Associate
Hi all

Im looking at starting a brand new build and using the Thermaltake Core P5 case, Couple of questions to ask

What do you guys think it will be like with dust?
Can i lay it down and stand it up depending on where i finally decide to put it?

I think it will be better than you think for dust control, and yes you can stand it vertically or horizontally.

I had an Inwin H Frame, and I had the same thoughts about dust, but to be honest, it was not bad at all.

Regarding Thermaltake,I have just bought myself a X71 case, and for money, its not bad at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom