Caselabs SMA8

Associate
Hi guys,

I have FINALLY made my mind up about my scratch build case and, yep you guessed it, it's a Caselabs SMA8.

I looked for ages at TT WP100, 900D, LianLi 888 and various others but none come close to the SMA8.

I live in the UK and am prepared for the cost, as it's the case I most want.

Here is my issue; who has any stock?! Caselabs are out and so are all their resellers!

Any ideas on when to go to find one that isn't going to take 6-7 weeks!?

Cheers
Ben

Last edited:
Associate
Interesting as I'm in the market for one too. Dazmode has stock of SMA8 and price is favourable there, in $CAD. Not sure whether there is any less/more chance of incurring import tax from Canada VS USA.

Associate
OP
I'm actually thinking whether it'll be worth making a large group purchase of CL cases to save up on postage.

I'm definitely up for that, especially as we are in the same postal region! Seriously though, it might be a very good plan; anyone else in?

While I'm at it; am I right and thinking that these cases are worth the money? I didn't expect a 'meh' comment on this choice of case...

Cheers :)
Ben

Associate
OP
Interesting as I'm in the market for one too. Dazmode has stock of SMA8 and price is favourable there, in $CAD. Not sure whether there is any less/more chance of incurring import tax from Canada VS USA.

Chance is about the same, it really depends on the value that the reseller puts on the goods being transported... Sometimes you find the value is deliberately lower so us Brits don't have to pay so much import tax!

Cheers
Ben

Soldato
I think I can make this work if there's around 5 cases purchased tgt.

The plan would be purchase 5 cases in 1 order from CL and ship to my US forwarding agent, then forward the cases to my home and arrange pick/delivery from there.

Associate
Happy to hear suggestions of other cases - I haven't seen your opinion shared, so please let me know what you think is better/on par!

Cheers
Ben

Out of the cases you've considered the Lian is far better finished than Caselabs
not as good as they used to be but still better, you can get one nextday, it's cheaper and you don't have to buy all the extra bits, any problems OC are a phonecall away, I'd hate to have to ship a damaged case back to the US.

Also I'd doubt you would save anything buying 5 or so cases.

But of course the choice is yours :)

Associate
Just saw this.

You do know it's crafted from Solid aluminium, and that is why you can bend it right lol

Now I know why Lian Li suits you more lol

Of course I know what it's made from, thin alloy, thats why all the edges are folded to give it some strength, but it's still quite flimsy, has sort of agriculture feel about it.

But as I said it's down to personal choice with anything.

Soldato
Of course I know what it's made from, thin alloy, thats why all the edges are folded to give it some strength, but it's still quite flimsy, has sort of agriculture feel about it.

But as I said it's down to personal choice with anything.

Fair enough lol

P.S. CL cases uses thick aluminium to construct their cases, including the inner housing, which I can safely say is thicker than any Lian Li cases I've ever seen lol

Also, folding the edges doesn't give it more strength, it is to ensure the builder won't cut themselves during building.

And flimsy is different than malleable, but I have never heard of CL cases being flimsy.

Agricultural feel on a CL case... Well lol

Associate
OP
Ok, so it looks like it will cost just shy of £700, shipped from Dazmode.

Anyone think we can get any movement on that, significantly I mean?

Otherwise I will press the 'expensive conversation with the wife' button...! :D

Cheers
Ben

Permabanned
Should have put up this discution a month ago when i wanted one.Ended up getting a Lianli d600 instead.Bth if you give caselabs a phone they will put a 300 dolars export value so you won't have to pay much import taxes.they used to do that.Anyway they will declare a smaller amount.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom