5.25" bay 120mm fan mounting bracket conversion DIY

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking into buying a water cooler, such as for example coolermaster's Seidon 120v. The problem is that I don't have a mount for the radiator/120mm fan in my computer case. However, I do have three empty 5.25" drive bays (yes - it's an old case! coolermaster wavemaster) which I'm planning to appropriate for this.

So what I need is a mounting bracket that would span three 5.25" drive bays, but I can't find such a product here in the UK. I'm looking for something along what is suggested in this post: half way down the page, and then covering up the 5.25" bays with grilled covers for airflow.

Can anybody suggest where I can find something like that in the UK, or how I would go about building it myself? I don't want to spend a fortune. It's hard to find such products nowadays, as 5.25" bays are out of fashion ...

Associate
OP
Would these do the job?

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £6.72
(includes shipping: £2.74)

Yeah this might just do the job .. Thank you so much for your reply.

Eventually I also found this:

lian-li front cooling kit

That's what I had in mind, but I think I'll still need those brackets; I'm afraid that the tubing won't reach all the way to the front of the case, so I'll have to suspend the radiator inside the bays rather than stick it all the way at the front.

Back
Top Bottom