IKEA Alex Desk Units

Associate
Two questions on this,

Could i use two of the drawer units, or one drawer unit and legs, with the worktop? Don't really need the storage unit.

Also, How are people securing the worktop to the drawers?

Soldato
you can use what you like as long as they're the same height.

and i never secured my top to the drawers, they come with little rubber pads that stop it sliding around. unless you plan on swinging on it they're perfectly fine.

Soldato
not a very good one and a bit out of date but you should get the point..

alex drawers, custom kitchen unit come vented server cupboard and ikea worktop.

DSC_0450_zpsuvyfaxve.jpg

Soldato
possibly not now ive only got 1 29" display, the worktop is a bit stiffer than the old desk top that i had. so i had the leg already, stuck it on just in case.

Soldato
I have mine on a shorter top but just resting on the little rubber feet, works a treat and means i can make the desk fit perfectly in the alcove!

AB4DmFd.jpg

Soldato
Yea I have enough room, even more so with the monitor being raised so I can tuck the keyboard underneath. It's by no means a large desk but I don't feel cramped on it either.

Associate
Hell of a necrobump this I know but seemed to make more sense to ask it here than start a new thread. Does the Ikea Alex 5 drawer unit have feet on the bottom? If so, could anyone measure for me the height of it without the feet? Or just from the top to the bottom excluding the feet?

Thanks in advance

George

Associate
Hell of a necrobump this I know but seemed to make more sense to ask it here than start a new thread. Does the Ikea Alex 5 drawer unit have feet on the bottom? If so, could anyone measure for me the height of it without the feet? Or just from the top to the bottom excluding the feet?

Thanks in advance

George

the feet are tiny about 10mm max they have sunk into my carpet without trace, 690mm from top to bottom without the feet on.

Back
Top Bottom