High end work laptop

Soldato
Hey guys,

I've been looking for a while now for a laptop, Im juggling between a Dell XPS 15 and an ASUS Zenbook Pro UX501VW

What I want are:

i7 6700
16GB RAM
256GB+ SSD
15.6" above 1080p screen (2-3-4k is fine)
960m+ (gaming not important)
Slim chassis
Thunderbolt 3

Both of the above laptops have this spec with a 4k screen and a 2GB 960m (some zenbook models show 4GB)

The issue is the zenbook in UK layout only has 12GB of ram and no customisation options and lower VRAM (2gb) Where as the US version has different options. I've no idea why this is lol. The ASUS also has a better battery and full size keyboard which are both nice features.

The dell is a smaller package though has its gorgeous touch screen, reviews say its let down by its battery life.

Have i missed any other vendors? My upper absolute max budget really clocks in at £1500. This laptop will mostly be used for programming work as well as uni/media consumption. Its over spec but i wont be upgrading any time soon and im used to working on a high end fast machine and want a similar mobile experience.

The added portability of the Dell is a nice thought, and I imagine their warranty/RMA service is probably superior to ASUS.

Are Dell machines still terrible for pre installed bloatware?

are 1060 based laptops worth waiting on? Looking more for battery life compared with a 960, or vastly increased performance at the same battery consumption point.

Back
Top Bottom