Fuji X Series

Soldato
I have to say the X-T1 looks like a good step forward and I could see myself going down this route... in a few years maybe. The rangefinder style wouldn't do for me, but the digital viewfinder looks pretty good. My main concern is battery life though...

Funny, I posted this in this thread in Jan 2014.
Now I own an X-E2s... well I was half right.

Caporegime
I haven't even ordered my X-T2 yet as my local store haven't even listed it on their god damn system. At this rate it will be a week or two after the release until I get mine.

NERDD RAGGGEEEEEEE. :mad:

Associate
Just one more week until my X-T2 arrives ... I've already been sent the new batteries, and got an email last night to confirm delivery of the camera & grip next week. Anyone else had notification that their pre-order will be fulfilled on the 8th Sept ?

Soldato
Just one more week until my X-T2 arrives ... I've already been sent the new batteries, and got an email last night to confirm delivery of the camera & grip next week. Anyone else had notification that their pre-order will be fulfilled on the 8th Sept ?

Yeah. Me but there was no mention of any promotion bonus and part ex deductions from the total price, so I don't want them to mess it up by overcharging. There was no mention of the Battery Booster grip I ordered either?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Are you guys ordering the 18-55mm along with the body too? The discount is crazy when you get them together, lens works out at £180 or so where I live. Will then pick up a grip or maybe wait to see if Meike produce a 3rd party one with remote.

Which flash to get is a worry too the TTL ones seem pricy, and sadly Yongnao only have manual options.

Associate
Are you guys ordering the 18-55mm along with the body too? The discount is crazy when you get them together, lens works out at £180 or so where I live. Will then pick up a grip or maybe wait to see if Meike produce a 3rd party one with remote.

Which flash to get is a worry too the TTL ones seem pricy, and sadly Yongnao only have manual options.

I'm just getting the camera with battery grip - I don't want the 18-55mm as I already have the 16-55mm f2.8.

As for flash, I'm holding off getting anything right now. I'll just use my Nikon speedlights in manual mode but it would be nice if a Fuji specific high speed sync option becomes available in the near future.

Soldato
Are you guys ordering the 18-55mm along with the body too? The discount is crazy when you get them together, lens works out at £180 or so where I live.

I think that is about normal for it as a kit. Its just good value.

Speaking of good value though wex are selling the x t10 with 18 to 55 AND 55-200 for £949 - that works out at £400 for both of those lenses which is less than the price of one 55-200!

Caporegime
Some interesting discussion over on Fuji Rumours where some people are saying the AF is nothing special, and others are saying it is better than the D500. http://www.fujirumors.com/might-not...ble-af-rivals-impressive-dslrs/#disqus_thread

Disqus user Photographer100 is none other than The Angry Photographer aka Theo Apoethesis... man this guy is an annoying **** I can hardly stand to watch his videos. He is also one of those claiming he: "used the X-T2 for 6 hours and can confirm the AF is better than the D500".

I mean really... come on.

I think that is about normal for it as a kit. Its just good value.

Speaking of good value though wex are selling the x t10 with 18 to 55 AND 55-200 for £949 - that works out at £400 for both of those lenses which is less than the price of one 55-200!

At UK prices the kit lens is £250 with the X-T2.

Last edited:
Soldato
I already have the 18-55 so it's just the XT2 Body and Battery Booster Grip for me. I want the 50-140 but I'm at the point of looking to upgrade the rest of my equipment ( in my work chain) like printer, PC and the purchasing of an OLED etc

Last edited:
Associate
Some interesting discussion over on Fuji Rumours where some people are saying the AF is nothing special, and others are saying it is better than the D500. http://www.fujirumors.com/might-not...ble-af-rivals-impressive-dslrs/#disqus_thread

Disqus user Photographer100 is none other than The Angry Photographer aka Theo Apoethesis... man this guy is an annoying **** I can hardly stand to watch his videos. He is also one of those claiming he: "used the X-T2 for 6 hours and can confirm the AF is better than the D500".

I mean really... come on.

At UK prices the kit lens is £250 with the X-T2.

Don't mind the Angry Photographer myself ... whilst he may be opinionated he does actually know his stuff unlike many of the YouTube "pros". I'm confident the X-T2's AF performance is going to be very good indeed. That said, for what I shoot top AF performance isn't a big priority, though I certainly won't complain !

Soldato
He is an avid Nikon and Fuji supporter and owns a huge amount of Nikon gear.Tbh everything he said about the XT1 and XT10 was "spot on" including his Tony Northrop criticisms imo. He's extremely critical of Sony and if he is saying the XT2s focussing stomps or is as good as the D500, then he ought to know (because he owns 1). It's going to be an interesting week to find out if what he says is true?

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't recall him saying the the AF was better than the D500, he has said it will not be as good as the D500 in low lights etc though.

I actually used the XT2 today and liked it, however shooting inside in not the brightest of days I actually found the AF slow, or at least not as fast as I expected from what I'd read, I checked and that camera did have the latest firmware which is supposed to be better than the ones tested before.

I'm really tempted to pick one up for my travelling however I'm undecided, the lens that would get a lot of use from me is the 10-24 however it is not WR which could be an issue.

Soldato
I don't recall him saying the the AF was better than the D500, he has said it will not be as good as the D500 in low lights etc though.

I actually used the XT2 today and liked it, however shooting inside in not the brightest of days I actually found the AF slow, or at least not as fast as I expected from what I'd read, I checked and that camera did have the latest firmware which is supposed to be better than the ones tested before.

I'm really tempted to pick one up for my travelling however I'm undecided, the lens that would get a lot of use from me is the 10-24 however it is not WR which could be an issue.

He says it is better in one of the comments along with somebody else in the link Richdog provided (under more comments).

Caporegime
He is an avid Nikon and Fuji supporter and owns a huge amount of Nikon gear.Tbh everything he said about the XT1 and XT10 was "spot on" including his Tony Northrop criticisms imo. He's extremely critical of Sony and if he is saying the XT2s focussing stomps or is as good as the D500, then he ought to know (because he owns 1). It's going to be an interesting week to find out if what he says is true?

It's not going to be true, the D500 AF system is technically far superior to the Fuji. He is doing his usual spiel of over-enthusiasm mixed with blind stubbornness.

He is probably one of the most irritating Youtubers I can think of.

Soldato
I can't see the X-T2 beating a D500 but would love to be wrong since the same AF improvements are heading to my X-Pro2's in October :)

Took a photo of this chap and he repaid the favour by trying to steal my lens cap!

ekf4nq.jpg

Soldato
It's a kea, they're a type of parrot only found in NZ, they're destructive little buggers. You get them in the mountains and they love chewing windscreen wipers, car aerials, etc. They're a protected species and they know it, we've been skiing before and they will go and pinch stuff out of bags, jackets, etc that people leave lying around.

They're pretty clever too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxoCuRuHlt8

This one was in Milford Sound, shot on X-Pro2 w/XF90mm, which is fast becoming by favourite combination :)

Last edited:
Associate
It's a kea, they're a type of parrot only found in NZ, they're destructive little buggers. You get them in the mountains and they love chewing windscreen wipers, car aerials, etc. They're a protected species and they know it, we've been skiing before and they will go and pinch stuff out of bags, jackets, etc that people leave lying around.

They're pretty clever too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxoCuRuHlt8

This one was in Milford Sound, shot on X-Pro2 w/XF90mm, which is fast becoming by favourite combination :)

do you have the pic without that post processing effect applied please?

Back
Top Bottom