Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
Oh god... odd that it happened 30 mins after unboxed.. First thing I did was check for dead pixels, none. I assumed it was perfect after that, then boom, went to low detail crap. Nothing I did fixed it. Plugged in the original Dell from OC, perfect.

It's sad how you pay £500 for a monitor and it has all these issues :( First time buying an expensive monitor and so far it's not gone so well, lol.

No surprise you got another brand new lemon. This is my first big purchase monitor as well. I am so sorry for keeping it and putting up with it. Still have not received my 5th brand new replacement. Apparently its in progress though and being "expedited". I will keep going until I get a good one. I am not settling for Dell's garbage. One of them will eventually be a winner.

Associate
No surprise you got another brand new lemon. This is my first big purchase monitor as well. I am so sorry for keeping it and putting up with it. Still have not received my 5th brand new replacement. Apparently its in progress though and being "expedited". I will keep going until I get a good one. I am not settling for Dell's garbage. One of them will eventually be a winner.

:/

Dell agreed to pick up the new monitor they sent today, I asked for no more replacements from them. OCUK are picking up the original monitor they sold me tomorrow.

Hopefully the new monitor I get from OCUK is all in working order, if not I will probably just end up asking for the refund (if I'm eligible) and just not go with such an expensive monitor.

Man of Honour
Sounds like they are doing an Asus and sending out ropey RMA returns :| I moved away from Asus partly due to that. I doubt that happened in production.

Associate
Sounds like they are doing an Asus and sending out ropey RMA returns :| I moved away from Asus partly due to that. I doubt that happened in production.

This one was sent from Overclockers, but the revision is A02, quite an older one, but yeah.. A scratch on the screen.

Soldato
Any talks of this monitor going out of production or being replaced? I got one around 8 months ago, and looking to get a second in the future. Want to know if I should take plunge soon, or i'll be safe for a while.

Associate
3rd new monitor and there's a scratch on the screen :| about a cursor wide, deep scratch.

Why do these monitors have so many issues lol

If it makes you feel any better. My 5th brand new replacement has the same problem as the other one. Even worse though. The butt cheeks are even more apparent. They are sending me another brand new replacement. This will be number 6. This not a uncommon flaw either. Look here. http://www.overclock.net/t/1577511/anyone-else-excited-for-the-dell-s2716dg-monitor/1860 second post first link. Look familiar? Nothing else is wrong with mine other then this problem. And its one that cannot be ignored or just deal with it. Because you see it following doing any thing with the monitor. Even while gaming its clearly seen. My last 3 in a row have all had this problem. This last one being by far the worst.

IMG_0085.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm glad I brought my Acer but it seems like all these 1440p/144hz monitors have weird issues, I'll be pleased when we move onto UHD/144hz hopefully we will then have everyone including Ezio in that market and not just a tiny bunch of manufactures ripping us off with terrible AUO panels.

Man of Honour
1440p/144Hz seems to sweet spot to me - I've tried 4K gaming and atleast for me don't find it ideal, 3440x1440@100Hz is pretty sweet but I'd really only use that for single player - still prefer 2560x1440 for anything vaguely competitive. Just wish the quality control wasn't so abysmal.

Associate
If it makes you feel any better. My 5th brand new replacement has the same problem as the other one. Even worse though. The butt cheeks are even more apparent. They are sending me another brand new replacement. This will be number 6. This not a uncommon flaw either. Look here. http://www.overclock.net/t/1577511/anyone-else-excited-for-the-dell-s2716dg-monitor/1860 second post first link. Look familiar? Nothing else is wrong with mine other then this problem. And its one that cannot be ignored or just deal with it. Because you see it following doing any thing with the monitor. Even while gaming its clearly seen. My last 3 in a row have all had this problem. This last one being by far the worst.

IMG_0085.jpg

Oh dear :/

Gonna see if I can get a refund, if not, 4th new monitor to try out.

Associate
I'm getting a full refund from OC.

Not sure what monitor I'll end up buying (even if I do). Just ridiculous the amount of issues these type of monitors are getting :(

Associate
6th brand new replacement arrived today and set it up. Dead pixel top right corner straight out of the box. Did not see any others and I gave it a real good look. No signs of ass cheeks either. I hope it stays that way. Will continue to monitor with in the next 24-72hrs.

Man of Honour
I bought one just the other week and i guess i got lucky too. Perfect with no dead pixels or marks.

Great monitor though!

Same so far - no dead pixels or marks, backlight bleed is acceptable (not the best I've seen but not the worst).

Associate
Scary tho paying out £500 for a monitor that is more than likely to be defective right out the box and then all the hassle.

Don't Dell have a pixel perfect warranty for the UK for premium displays?

Soldato
Bit disappointed to read about all the problems with this screen. As I was considering getting one myself! It's a fair bit of cash to stump up (at least for me) and end up having a load of issues. I thought that up to this, that Dell had a pretty good reputation with their monitors?

Edit..

- I see this monitor is now up to £529!
- Also interesting to see (considering the complaints on this thread), that most reviews are 5* on OCuk's web site. No one with any problems bothering to review it?
or are the reviews "cheery picked"!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom