• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which 1070?

Associate
EVGA for me,not only are they supposed to have the best after sales service around,they also have a step up program so if you register your 1070 and want to upgrade to a 1080 within 90 days you can. They also offer extended warrantys from the current 3yrs to 5 and even 10 yrs!! I have the 1070 FTW a really nice card

Associate
I made a similar thread called which 1060 but after some thought, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and go for the 1070 just for longevity.

The question is then, which 1070 makes the most sense price wise?

I went for the Zotac.

It runs silently and dat 5 yr warranty doh.

Soldato
OP
Once pay clears today.. its happy day.. also, do OCUK still change their deals on Wednesdays, I'm sure it was Wednesdays that the deals were usually out :)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...express-graphics-card-gx-32c-ms.html#comments

This is looking like the final beast, none of the cheaper ones hit the mark, also a review says it does over 2k on stock power settings, while not all cards are equal thats promising for overclocking.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kfa2...ess-graphics-card-70nsh6dhk6vk-gx-090-kf.html

This is good for the price but only two years warranty, I think if it was 3 years warranty it would be a sure buy.

Whats the deal with this paragon stuff? Do people sell it on also like game codes or ?

Soldato
Once pay clears today.. its happy day.. also, do OCUK still change their deals on Wednesdays, I'm sure it was Wednesdays that the deals were usually out :)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...express-graphics-card-gx-32c-ms.html#comments

This is looking like the final beast, none of the cheaper ones hit the mark, also a review says it does over 2k on stock power settings, while not all cards are equal thats promising for overclocking.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kfa2...ess-graphics-card-70nsh6dhk6vk-gx-090-kf.html

This is good for the price but only two years warranty, I think if it was 3 years warranty it would be a sure buy.

Whats the deal with this paragon stuff? Do people sell it on also like game codes or ?

Personally, I'd be wary of buying an MSI 1070 at the moment:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18744364

I'd still be going for the Zotac 1070 Extreme. Check out that review posted in the 1070 owners thread.

Soldato
OP
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER WITH OVERCLOCKERS UK!

No problem OCUK ;) Went with the amp edition, hopefully here tomorrow but I'm on nights tomorrow night so I'll probably be asleep when it gets here :'(

Soldato
OP
Its here! Unfortunately my internet is being really strange and its taking forever to load anything.

I also just seen that it went on offer for £10 cheaper, FML!

Soldato
I'm due a £350 loyalty bonus next month for 25 years service :p

Thinking of spending it on a 1070 and wondering which one.

Thinking maybe the evga SC?

I still like the Zotac Amp Extreme, but I'm not sure it's worth an extra 30 quid over the Inno Ichill X3.

I think if I had to buy one right now, I'd go for the Inno.

Still, for that extra money, you get an extra 2 years warranty with the Zotac.

Soldato
OP
Was just playing metro last night, maxing out everything, gpu at around 95% usage, temps were 68c and boost clock was around 1970 without me doing anything :)

Associate
I honestly think it doesn't matter too much which you go for unless you're after very specific features or overclocking headroom.

My rule of thumb has been to buy the cheapest third party card. I got a Palit Jetstream 1070 off another site for a decent deal. It performs great and I can't tell the difference between when the card is idle and fans are not spinning and when I'm running BF1 at ultra with something like 120fps. Very cool and quiet but then again I did come from a 7970 so there are probably significant differences in power consumption/efficiency/cooling between those cards.

Soldato
I honestly think it doesn't matter too much which you go for unless you're after very specific features or overclocking headroom.

My rule of thumb has been to buy the cheapest third party card. I got a Palit Jetstream 1070 off another site for a decent deal. It performs great and I can't tell the difference between when the card is idle and fans are not spinning and when I'm running BF1 at ultra with something like 120fps. Very cool and quiet but then again I did come from a 7970 so there are probably significant differences in power consumption/efficiency/cooling between those cards.

People who tend to rarely upgrade, its worth investing in better or extended warranty and good customer service....also bf1 is not an applicable benchmark as I get 90 fps on my 570 gtx on low...

Associate
People who tend to rarely upgrade, it's worth investing in better or extended warranty and good customer service....also bf1 is not an applicable benchmark as I get 90 fps on my 570 gtx on low...

True. I tend to upgrade every 3 years or so, therefore warranty isn't a major issue.

Ah, well on the new Deus Ex game, F1, 3dmark etc the card is still very quiet.

Soldato
OP
Managed to get it over clocked to 2100 on the core on stock and running valley for 30 mins didn't go over 62c. Ran a few benchmarks on batman origins and no artifacts, did notice a few model textures popped from low to high quality but didn't get time to retest on stock. Overall nice and quiet :)

Soldato
Yes they do. I asked the same question a few days ago and Gibbo confirmed it.

So it's free to send in to OCuk? And the mention of the potential of there being no stock and therefore sending it to Hong Kong doesn't seem that appealing.

My last RMA to OcUK was about a year ago on my MSI 7970 Lightning. I had to pay postage (around £15), and turnaround time was a little over 28 working days. In the end, they replaced it with an R9 270 (my memory's a little fuzzy), but I opted to take a £165 refund.

I can only assume something similar would happen with Zotac RMA's to OcUK as they still have to wait for Zotac to authorise a refund/replacement card ebfore they send anything out.

As I said, this was a year ago and things may have changed, hope that was of some use though!

Onto the topic at hand, I'm about to buy a 1070 and I think I'm going for the EVGA 1070 FTW - I found one for £420. Mainly because I've only heard good things about the card and I've alwasy loved EVGA's CS!

EDIT: You've bought the card. Oops - enjoy the AMP OP!!

Back
Top Bottom