Summer Transfer Window 2016/17 - Rumours & Signings

Soldato
I'm kinda glad Chambers has ended up at Boro - a good manager to work with, and a chance to get some first team football.

Soldato
In a world where John Stones costs nearly 50m buying Mustafi for 35m this late in the window knowing we needed a CB is actually really good business (yes we could have acted earlier and saved, but it's done).

Arsenal needed a CB, holding mid and striker - uh oh, we actually now have them!
Only question mark is on the striker, however different style to Giroud, someone with pace and can finish hopefully will develop!

Caporegime
What's with these rumours of Luiz back to Chelsea? £32 million as well?

I figured they'd have been happy to have got £50 million (lol) for him in the first place, without paying that kind of money to bring him back?

Very, very average (at best) player. Liability at the back, and not particularly good in midfield. Not seeing the appeal.

Underboss
Feels like I've woken up from a dream.

Signed a ST
Signed a CB
Signed a DM

And now Super Jack is being lined up for a loan move. As much as I love him as an Arsenal player and when he is on his game he is exceptional, he needs game time to improve his fitness, I just hope above all else we don't sell him.

Didn't realise Perez was a leftie, some of his youtube clips are impressive but they never show the bad bits, hopefully he and Mustafi can hit the ground running and perform well.

Just a shame we have another pointless International break before we can get back to proper football!

Also not greatly happy with Gnabry leaving, always thought he had bags of potential but never got the chance, think we will regret letting him leave. No doubt he will end up at Bayern within 5 years and be a dominant force.

Last edited:
Don
Sakho is reportedly rejected a move to Besiktas as well as Stoke and WBA. Hopefully, for his sake, he finds a club because I can't see Klopp changing his stance.

Man of Honour
Sakho is reportedly rejected a move to Besiktas as well as Stoke and WBA. Hopefully, for his sake, he finds a club because I can't see Klopp changing his stance.

I dont really understand what Sakho is thinking. Klopp will not budge once his mind has been made up. He has Lovren, Matip, Klavan and Gomez, all of whom he will play ahead of Sakho. If Klopp says he will not play Sakho this season (and he seems like the sort to stick to his guns) , then Sakho puts his match fitness in jeopardy and also his position in the France national team in jeopardy. To what end, it doesnt achieve anything other than continuing to get his wages (which I guess he would still get anyway if he went on loan somewhere)

Back
Top Bottom