Do you tip the pizza delivery man?

Associate
Tipping is against my religion!

Pizza delivered is ordered and paid for online. But the Mrs always leaves a few quid when we go to a restaurant, much to my annoyance.

Associate
Tipping in the US works well because it makes the staff helpful, friendly and attentitive as otherwise they don't make a living as their pay is so low.

In the UK if you ask to change something on the menu (I don't personally as imo it is just being picky) they often roll their eyes at you and you know they are thinking '**** off'.

I will often say keep the change. On the rare occasion that I do tip I give it to the person that I want to tip, not in the jar on the counter so everyone gets it (so half the staff are good and half are rubbish yet they split the tips equally).

i asked to change something in a restarant tonight and the waiter couldnt have been more polite bout it tbh!

Caporegime
Pizzas seem expensive but my local outfit are always quick and polite. I spent a while in the US where tipping is the norm.

Do you tip the pizza delivery guy or round up to the nearest pound?

No i don't tip

The idea that you should be tipped for doing your job is an american one.

The american's think you should tip everyone, Waiters, ****tail waitresses, taxi drivers, delivery men, hotel staff, and anything less than 20 % is being cheap.

Huw

Huw

Associate
All you people complaining that pizza costs enough as it is...why buy from Domino's then? It's absolutely ridiculous what they charge. Every town I've lived in has had several independent pizza places that do pizzas for £4-6 that are no worse than Domino's. I don't know how Domino's stays in business.

Associate
May be some some of you should think about what a tip is or means.

T.I.P.S To Insure Prompt/Proper Service

I work for a couple of diffrent chinese take-a-ways on diffrent nights the drivers range from 17-75 years of age some have other jobs some are retired but we are all the same if we go out with more than one delivery at a time and we usualy do the ones who usually give a tip are the ones that allways get their food first.
You dont have to give much but a little makes a big diffrence to me and the other drivers do you think with fuel costing a fortune we are gonna race to the tight fisted gits house that waits for thier 50p change or the one that give a quid each time.
A typical night I will use £5 to £10 of fuel and that come out of my wages plus the extra wear and tear on the car.

The best tippers are usualy the ones with the least IE those on council estates and the worst are those well of with a 1/2 million quid detached house or similar.

But at the end of the day its your money spend it how you like but if you want you food hotter and faster give a little tip :)

Soldato
Yeah i always give £1-2 but i do not order from overpriced pizza places and they deliver fast.Costs me £10 for 2 pizzas size of Domino's large pizzas and a lot nicer which isn't too bad.

Maz

Maz

Soldato
Always, always tip Pizza delivery actually any food delivery drivers, Taxi Drivers, Barber and when we eat out at any decent restaurant where you are waited on.

Because I'm not a tight stingy ass for the sake of a few quid here and there.

We eat out, order takeaway or use Taxis about 5/7 evenings.

Back
Top Bottom