Harrow schoolboy died from single punch after telling club promoter: 'You'll work for me one day'

Soldato
I'm not denying that everyone has a limit, but a bit of a snobby comment doesn't really deserve such a violent reaction does it?

From the way the story is reported I just feel the reaction is disproportionate.

I agree with you, I wouldn't have thrown a punch but made some comment about "yeah, only if you were paying me to do your mum!"

However, a large % of people in the world don't engage their brain. They respond with emotion and stop thinking. These people do react to comments and you've always got to be on your guard. I had my car attacked because I looked in someone's general direction at traffic lights to see if it was clear. He ended up apologising and giving me his details.

Soldato
Poor lad. Obviously cocky saying what he did but I've seen many people say a lot worse when drunk or in a conflict like that. Makes me almost feel lucky I just sustained the broken jaw when I got sucker punched last year.

Statistically the chances are probably slim, but these deaths from single punch/bad falls seem to come around pretty regular.

People need to think before swinging a fist I guess.

Back
Top Bottom