What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
I finally crumbled and got myself one of the new Seiko 'Turtle' 6309 remakes, took me a while to decide on colour but I went for the black/gold one.

Internet pic for now

oDcYwNA.jpg

Got it as a 'holiday watch' as it has drilled lugs so can easily swap between the bracelet, rubber or a leather strap. Think it would look good on a vintage leather strap like this;

X436UAn.png

Caporegime
Very nice janesy, its an odd shaped case watch but I love it. I'm gonna get the black/blue batman one. Think it looks fantastic. I also like how Seiko have moved the crown downwards from traditional divers which use the 3 oclock position. Much easier to adjust on the wrist.

Associate
After searching for a few weeks now for a bronze diver, ive impulsed bought a second hand STEINHART Nav B, hardley worn, bought in sept last year so still 17months warranty left yet.

Like i say i really wanted a diver but this looked to nice to turn up. Always wanted a pilot watch so here it is.

Soldato
Terrible picture of my new Seiko SKX009, with my old (but still new) Orient Mako.

rBF5Exx.jpg

Problem I'm finding with the nato/zulu straps is that because I have big wrists, there isn't much strap left to fold back. So the end of the strap shows, which doesn't look as nice (fraying and bits of pocket lint :)). Guess I just need to buy longer straps.

Soldato
Sort of playing with idea of getting myself a watch. Basically gonna be proposing to the girlfriend in a couple months. But it will be a long engagement so I said I would like to get a nice watch with maybe some engravings on the back.
So anyway I need advice on a watch, I haven't had a watch since I was about 12 and that was a £10 Casio. My budget is about £600 max. I want it to last forever if possible and to be something I'll wear all the time except at work. I'm gonna start going through this huge thread for inspiration s. But if you kind folks could make some suggestions and some watch advice please, that would be great.

Associate
Sort of playing with idea of getting myself a watch. Basically gonna be proposing to the girlfriend in a couple months. But it will be a long engagement so I said I would like to get a nice watch with maybe some engravings on the back.
So anyway I need advice on a watch, I haven't had a watch since I was about 12 and that was a £10 Casio. My budget is about £600 max. I want it to last forever if possible and to be something I'll wear all the time except at work. I'm gonna start going through this huge thread for inspiration s. But if you kind folks could make some suggestions and some watch advice please, that would be great.

You cant go wrong with a Longines hydroconquest for that money.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The HydroConquest is a great watch and very classy looking. Very accurate too. Mine was +1 to +2s a day. The lume is rubbish though, so don't expect to see the time easily in the dark if you've been out at night for a few hours. I ended up sending mine away to be lumed with BGW9.

Got a Horween Chromexcel strap last week. Smells so good. The aged look is happening already having worn it since it arrived.

rps20160502_140211_625.jpg

Seen a suede navy NATO posted by one of the insta channels I'm following, gonna have to nab one of those I think :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom