***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
I Gotz Lego!

Oh the joy from returning from a long hard days work to find my mummy had secretly been 'collecting' vouchers through the paper for FREE Lego. I had seen this weeks ago, but seems mum has collected 2 lots. One for me aged 28, and one for my nephew.

:cool:

They are very cool, kinda don't want to open them and leave them all in the box? but I'm itching to play with them, and see what I can create out of all the parts!

Ohhhhhhhh. :o

cimg0452vh7.jpg

cimg0446by0.jpg

Soldato
ahhh! I love lego too, my parents have kept of all ours (we had everything airport, police station, fire station, post office, villa, castles) still like to build little cities when I'm home for xmas. .... sad, yes.... fun DEFINITELY!

Soldato
i loved lego and technics but now its all custom parts i think it spoils it now like the f1 technic car its got a load of custom parts not like when i used it many moons ago you had to put bits together to make a wing,roof etc not now its all moulded.

Soldato
OP
i loved lego and technics but now its all custom parts i think it spoils it now like the f1 technic car its got a load of custom parts not like when i used it many moons ago you had to put bits together to make a wing,roof etc not now its all moulded.

Very true! but as a kid I had so much of it from basic to star wars that all in all I created some awesome looking space crafts using it all.

I do remember a cockpit with opening wind shield that a lego man sat in, I used that on soooo many ships. Ahhh the memories.

W.T.F. I've just noticed I don't have all the packs! AARRRRRRGH Wait till my mummy gets up! If my nephew has the other packs they are being taken. He's too young to fully enjoy lego! :D

Soldato

I agree to some extent. But some of the stuff you can do with Technic now is amazing - the new Mindstorms NXT is brilliant.

Soldato
very true lego and technics ruled i loved it i had the motor and controler for technics cost a fortune i made a gear box with that 5 speed with reverse i was well chuffed hehe then i would be i was only 6 monthes old.....:p

Associate
mmm lego.. so tempted to pick up a load of technics. Mid 30's too old ? :)

[8527] LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT
[8275] Motorized Bulldozer
[9847] Lego Bluetooth Dongle
[9798] NXT Rechargeable Battery
[9833] Transformer & Charger

mmmm :)

Associate
Is lego as good as the old original Meccano?

The reason i ask is that i had Lego technics and it was awesome, but then i discovered Meccano where you actually had to mechanically build something....man that really got me going when i was a kid (and secretly it still does it for me now)

Associate
Ah lego the memories... my mum gave all my lego to a childrens home. Had space stuff, pirates lego and everything :(

Still as long as it's being played with it's cool... *sniffles*

Back
Top Bottom