Shame on you McDonalds.

Soldato
McDonald's politely declines Burger King's offer of world peace

Wont post the new link as im unsure if it will get me in trouble for posting links or not. :o

Yesterday, Burger King sent McDonald's an open letter proposing that the two fast food chains team up to create a hybrid "McWhopper" burger to celebrate Peace Day on September 21st. Burger King suggested that the "ceasefire" would take place at a single pop-up shop halfway between the corporations' headquarters, with all proceeds going to the Peace One Day charity. McDonald's, however, has turned down the offer, with the company's CEO Steve Easterbrook responding via Facebook post to say "we love the intention but think our brands could do something bigger to make a difference.

The CEOs responce.

Dear Burger King,
Inspiration for a good cause... great idea.
We love the intention but think our two brands could do something bigger to make a difference.
We commit to raise awareness worldwide, perhaps you’ll join us in a meaningful global effort?
And every day, let's acknowledge that between us there is simply a friendly business competition and certainly not the unequaled circumstances of the real pain and suffering of war.
We’ll be in touch.
-Steve, McDonald’s CEO
P.S. A simple phone call will do next time.

Thoughts on this?..i think they made a huge mistake personally.

Didnt think much of the CEOs responce at all,Especially at the end where he says "P.S. A simple phone call will do next time."

ITS FOR CHARITY!!!!

Soldato
I don't see the big deal, these guys live in a world of dog eats dog(well, actually man eats burger). Mcdonalds probably think they are being drawn into some kind honey trap(well, a corn syrup trap).

Soldato
Shame on McDonald's for wanting to do something more impressive than a gimmicky burger in the name of world peace? You must have your priorities all wrong :confused:

Soldato
Well done Mcdonalds.......

For realising such a so called charity is just a faceless corporation stealing peoples money and paying fat cat CEO's a big wage.

Oh Wait....

Soldato
Can you imagine how crazy this collaboration would've been. The level of awesome would've been off the scale.

Two of the biggest heavyweights weights on the planet joining forces. For one time only. A partnership like no other.

Minds would be blown. Jesus would no doubt rise again. Men would give birth to children. And children would crap little gold nuggets. World hunger would become a thing of the past...... McDonalds. I beg you..... Please reconsider.

Soldato
I don't see the big deal, these guys live in a world of dog eats dog(well, actually man eats burger). Mcdonalds probably think they are being drawn into some kind honey trap(well, a corn syrup trap).

In the case of McDonald's man eats pinkslime, plus big companies don't really give a **** about helping the small guy/gal...

Soldato
I agree with the decision and I think the CEO got it exactly right, particularly the parting shot which, frankly, shames the apparent mud slinging Burger King considerably.

Soldato
In the case of McDonald's man eats pinkslime, plus big[mac] companies don't really give a **** about helping the small guy/gal...

Exactly is that not pretty much what I said, they protect profits first so naturally looked for the pitfalls in partnering up. Somewhere down the line it could have an indirect negative effect on Mcd's image. A lot has to do with marketing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Get_Ahead_in_Advertising

Soldato
What could be more negative and purile than pretending a cross over burger in any way helps peace?

It cheapens the cause because it is a cheap marketing cash in. However, a long term and sustainable contribution which the CEO alludes to is far more of a suitable approach from these two power houses.

Back
Top Bottom