Hillsborough inquest verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The current leadership of South Yorkshire Police needs to explain why it went back on its 2012 apology at this Inquest, prolonging the agony for the families.

Andy Burnham just said this - what does he mean/what did they do exactly?

Soldato
27 years of (South Yorkshire) police lies and cover ups - god the families must be exhausted but very relieved.

And that's before we even mention the Rotherham sexual abuse of children, the SY police are nothing but a complete set of mismanaged, corrupt... i'll leave it at that.

Soldato
Call me completely heartless and I really don't mean to offend, but I don't understand why this has been kicking around for so long. As far as I can tell there was a crush, mistakes were made by all involved (stadium staff,fans, police, ambulance services etc.) and because of this a lot more people died than should have. But at the end of the day it was a terrible accident and should we not have all moved and got on with our lives about 25yrs ago? I don't understand this big drive to blame the police? :confused:

Soldato
Call me completely heartless and I really don't mean to offend, but I don't understand why this has been kicking around for so long. As far as I can tell there was a crush, mistakes were made by all involved (stadium staff,fans, police, ambulance services etc.) and because of this a lot more people died than should have. But at the end of the day it was a terrible accident and should we not have all moved and got on with our lives about 25yrs ago? I don't understand this big drive to blame the police? :confused:

I think it's more to do with the denial from the Police that they didn't do anything wrong and have shirked all responsibility. The families affected haven't taken too kindly to that and wanted to know what actually happened on the day they lost their loved ones.

Don

You don't understand a lot judging by your post.

What started out as negligence by the authorities, the FA and Sheffield Wednesday (not that's acceptable - so many terrible decisions by these people led to 96 deaths) soon became far more sinister. My post on this from the thread in the Football Stadium:

Only around half died as a result of negligence, the reason for the death of over 40 others is far more serious. You have to remember that 41 people could have been saved had Duckenfield not began setting a scene to cover his arse. We know that as the disaster was unfolding, Duckenfield was spreading lies about hooliganism and wanting everybody to know that what was going on was supporters fault, before calling for medical assistance.

Caporegime

Unbelievable, still victim shaming after all the evidence provided over those 25 years... and then you have the cheek to think the police shouldn't be found guilty for their actions.

Caporegime
I don't understand this big drive to blame the police? :confused:

The 1990 official inquiry into the disaster, the Taylor Report, concluded that "the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control."

...On the 20th anniversary of the disaster, government minister Andy Burnham called for the police, ambulance and all other public agencies to release documents that had not been made available to Lord Justice Taylor in 1989.

This led to the formation of the Hillsborough Independent Panel, which in September 2012 concluded that Liverpool fans were not responsible for the deaths and that attempts had been made by the authorities to conceal what happened.

...A private prosecution was brought against Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield and another officer, Bernard Murray. Prosecutor Alun Jones QC told the court that Duckenfield gave the order to open the gates so that hundreds of fans could be herded on to the already crowded terraces at the stadium.

Jones stated that minutes after the disaster, Duckenfield "deceitfully and dishonestly" told senior FA officials that the supporters had forced the gate open.

Duckenfield admitted he had lied in certain statements regarding the causes of the disaster. Other officers, including Norman Bettison, were accused of manipulating evidence.

...On 19 December 2012, Attorney General Dominic Grieve made an application to the High Court following the findings laid out in the report by the Hillsborough Panel. The decision set out by Lord Chief Justice, Lord Judge quashed the original inquest verdicts.

The ruling came after revelations from the Hillsborough panel's findings showed police and emergency services had made "strenuous attempts" to deflect the blame for the disaster on to the fans which included alteration of more than 160 police statements where 116 of them were so altered with the intent to remove or change negative comments about the policing of the match.

(Source).

Man of Honour

You don't expect the police to go out of their way to put the blame on the supporters and then spend years trying to pervert the course of justice with lies and innuendo do you? No you don't and that is why there has been this twenty seven year drive for justice. Thank goodness we've finally got there.

Caporegime
Finally.

Finally, peace for the families involved. It took 27 years of fighting, 27 years too long.

I hope that all who are considered responsible are dealt with, however, I doubt the police will face consequences.

Associate

so pple will forget about it.. thier protecting someone obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom