Naz Shah suspended for anti-Semitism

Soldato
So, how did this woman get voted in in the first place, and hearing her BS that she said these things before becoming an MP and that she thinks her comments should not matter does not wash one bit.

Is she racist? Yes
Should she be sacked etc? Yes

How are people with these views allowed into any form of power in this country, it is a joke.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36142529

I am waiting for the excuses on her behalf from the hand wringers on here, does she have a leg to stand on after these comments, after all she is one of a minority :rolleyes:

She is no better than a dodgy Iman\extremist speaker going off her views.

Last edited:
Suspended
Is this the woman that re-posted a graphic of Israel superimposed on the US? If so, it's a storm in a tea cup. Not even a storm, more like a stiff breeze if I am being generous. Too many people are too quick to use any excuse to be offended. It's pathetic.

Man of Honour
Seems it's not all she was up to:

Last night the Jewish Chronicle reported that in August 2014 she linked on Twitter to a blog where Zionism – the belief in a Jewish state – was likened to Al Qaeda.

The blog also claimed Zionism had been used to ‘groom’ Jews to ‘exert political influence at the highest levels of public office’.

In July 2014 she posted a link on Facebook to an online poll asking whether Israel had committed war crimes. She wrote: ‘The Jews are rallying to the poll.’

In another – eight months before she became an MP – she wrote ‘Apartheid Israel’ over a picture of Martin Luther King with the caption ‘Never Forget That Everything Hitler Did In Germany Was Legal’. This prompted Sir Eric to demand she be stripped of the Labour whip.

Can you believe that:

Ms Shah is a member of the House of Commons Home Affairs Committee, which is conducting an inquiry into the rise of anti-Semitism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...el-America-solution-Middle-East-conflict.html

Her credibility is definitely shot to pieces and she should go.

Soldato
Labour has had many accusations on anti-semetic remarks and undertones in the past year or so, especially from the supporters who joined to support Jeremy.

This particular incident does seem a bit of a storm in a teacup, but you can expect Labour to be clamping down hard on any potential accusation.

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
So she hasn't said anything anti-semetic...she said that Israel should be moved to America. It would certainly end the conflict, give Palestinians their homes back, and ensure that the Israel have the Americans even further up their arses.

Nor am I convinced that Zionism is much different from Al Qaeda...American funded again!

**** Israel.

Soldato
OP
So she hasn't said anything anti-semetic...she said that Israel should be moved to America. It would certainly end the conflict, give Palestinians their homes back, and ensure that the Israel have the Americans even further up their arses.

Nor am I convinced that Zionism is much different from Al Qaeda...American funded again!

**** Israel.

Oh well.

Soldato
OP
Yes Bradford West, George Galloway's old constituency. Guido is linking her to this charming individual; also a Labour Party member and Bradford councillor

Thanks for the link.

Lovely character, how has he got into the power or position he is in as well as her, through votes, why do people vote for them? Because they believe or like what they have to say.

Soldato
Can you please clarify exactly which part of what she said is anti-semetic?

Naz Shah has apologised for sharing the graphic showing Israel's outline superimposed onto a map of the US with the comment "problem solved".

Most Jews would find that offensive. I don't personally I think it was just a stupid thing to do, but the religious are very touchy about their religions.

Soldato
People should be free to attack the politics and defence policy of the state of Israel without being accused of attacking the Jewish religion and people. The Government of Israel is not the Jewish religion and cannot speak for all Jewish people around the world (the majority of which do not even live in Israel).

Soldato
A lot of people however, are unable to differentiate between criticism of Israel and genuine anti-semitic remarks.

I just had a look at another article about this, and she really doesn't seem to have said anything genuinely hateful.

Indeed, I think this is a case that lots of people cannot differentiatie between criticism and anti-semitism. Israel should be heavily criticisied, otherwise we will continue in the situation we are in now where basically no one can ever say anything about what they're doing, so they do whatever they want.

Human rights abuse, no worries! Nuclear weapons, no worries! Killing innocents, no worries! But if you say anything otherwise, you're an anti-semite.

I'd love to see the other side of this if you were to consider anti-Islamic comments illegal...there would be a lot more people in trouble than are now, because they certainly should be offended if this is our yardstick!

The religion itself can and should be criticised, just like any religion. We treat it with kid gloves for no good reason.

Back
Top Bottom