Harrow schoolboy died from single punch after telling club promoter: 'You'll work for me one day'

Soldato
That's a horrible shame. Some may say that he shouldn't have been cocky, but to be honest, he's just done his A Levels and I almost commend the cockiness and to have that sense that of achievement.

Just wish the guy that hit him thought that to instead of being bitter and angry about it. Chuckle and shrug it off, violence isn't the answer.

What a punch

Not necessarily. Some people just cannot take much of a hit to the head at all to cause massive damage.

Caporegime
Why did the kid need a reality check? He's dead now, what a nasty thing to say about him.

That comment by him came after he'd been punched it seems... frankly he could have said much worse things to his attacker.

Associate
Rekt.

It's an unfortunate outcome and I feel for his family, but ****-talking a club promoter/bouncer or anybody in that kind of industry is bound to end in trouble.

I very much doubt the punch was intended to hurt anything but his pride.

Associate
OP
Why did the kid need a reality check? He's dead now, what a nasty thing to say about him.

That comment by him came after he'd been punched it seems... frankly he could have said much worse things to his attacker.

It comes across in the way it's been reported and that's how I'd suspect others to interpret it, rather than a reflection of my own feelings. To me the biggest reality check that is needed is that hitting people in the head is never OK and always bears ah unacceptable risk to life yet we see it depicted so often as a "oh people just fall asleep for a few hours" small deal.

Caporegime
People seem to have missed that he shouted out the quote after being fatally punched...

the headline reads as though he said that then received a punch - which might well prompt comments like 'if you look for trouble it'll find you.' 'needed a reality check'

but if you read the story it seems they were walking along when the tour rep and two girls drove up behind them then they were attacked and afterwards he shouted out an insult to the guy.... he could have called the guy's mum a **** to be fair, he'd just been punched for no real reason

Caporegime
I read the whole story, they admitted trading insults until it obviously got out of hand. Not agreeing with the punch, you'd just expect a boy that goes to a private school to be better behaved. Instead he clearly acted like a pompous little **** on a lad's holiday and paid the ultimate price.

Soldato
Rekt.

It's an unfortunate outcome and I feel for his family, but ****-talking a club promoter/bouncer or anybody in that kind of industry is bound to end in trouble.

I very much doubt the punch was intended to hurt anything but his pride.

A bouncer I can agree with, but isn't "club promoter" just a fancy job title for "thrust leaflets into people's hands and harass women outside the club guy"?

Shocking story.

The quote appears to have been said after being attacked. Though it's a little unclear, so may be wrong.

"They started to leave and I thought that was the end of it. Archie then shouted 'one day you'll work for me'.

Either way, waste of a life and I hope the club promoter gets what he deserves.

Soldato
It doesn't read like that?

Indeed.

"They started to leave and I thought that was the end of it. Archie then shouted 'one day you'll work for me'.

<THE PUNCH HAPPENS>

"In a split second I saw one of the women raise her hands and point to Archie, she said: 'You deserved that.'

"Archie was on the pavement with his prone body partly laid on the road. The man and the two women rode off."

Associate
OP
People seem to have missed that he shouted out the quote after being fatally punched...

the headline reads as though he said that then received a punch - which might well prompt comments like 'if you look for trouble it'll find you.' 'needed a reality check'

The account from his friend is misleading, but I believe it's stated that the inquest heard the insult preceded the punch.

Caporegime
edit... I'm wrong, googled for other newspaper accounts and it seems he uttered that quote after his friend was pushed but before he was punched... seems he was punched for that statement, which was a pretty cringeworthy and pretentious thing to say to someone, still certainly didn't deserve to die for it

other dodgy thing is it seems the Greek paramedics apparently turned up, looked at him for a couple of minutes then left!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom